Pics needed please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white73mach

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
1995 Rio Red Cobra Carbed 347
Hey guys, I'm still running into problems with trying to wire up the center gauges and speedo cluster. Turns out that the car never had the tach or center gauges so I'm still trying to work through that.

My question is does the voltage regulator need to be mounted to the back of the cluster and where? I know you have to snap it into place on the circuit board, but then what? There is a small copper square next to the snaps, but there is no way I can mount it onto that....it's almost like the snaps should be flip flopped. Does it need to mount onto here to make the connection?

This is where the pics would help so if you have some pics of the back of the speedo cluster w/tach and some close ups of the regulator mounting, that would be great!

Thanks for the help guys! I'm really at my wits end right now...:mad:

Hey guys, I'm still running into problems with trying to wire up the center gauges and speedo cluster. Turns out that the car never had the tach or center gauges so I'm still trying to work through that.

My question is does the voltage regulator need to be mounted to the back of the cluster and where? I know you have to snap it into place on the circuit board, but then what? There is a small copper square next to the snaps, but there is no way I can mount it onto that....it's almost like the snaps should be flip flopped. Does it need to mount onto here to make the connection?

This is where the pics would help so if you have some pics of the back of the speedo cluster w/tach and some close ups of the regulator mounting, that would be great!

Thanks for the help guys! I'm really at my wits end right now...:mad:
Hey White,

You secure the Vregulator with a screw and then fold the circuit ribbon over and snap into place on the Vreg. just like a 9v battery.

16m6jpl.jpg

2zh1sg4.jpg

Hope this helps! If not, then just let me know and I'll take my dash apart and get you the right pics :)

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
That's perfect! I actually found out last night after I posted that the regulator I have IS backwards......cheap p.o.s.. I looked at some pics of regulators on the web and the mounting tab where the screw goes through it is on the top of the regulator, instead of the bottom, which is why I was having problems fitting it to the mounting hole.

Ordering another one now.

Thanks a bunch!

Back