Voltage Regulator Wiring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tstaab0619

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach One, 351 Q code Cleveland, top-loader,
PS, PDB, Factory Air.
My voltage regulator plug has a yellow wire (A Terminal) with a large eyelet. Does this wire hook to the junction block with the two large Blk./Org. wires on it or does it go to the stud on the starter solenoid where the battery terminal is connected.

My car is a late 72 and I think that it has some 73 wiring pieces on it. It has the instrument package. I have a wiring diagram and it is not very plain on where this yellow wire does mount. It is long enough to reach either point that I mentioned.

My voltage regulator plug has a yellow wire (A Terminal) with a large eyelet. Does this wire hook to the junction block with the two large Blk./Org. wires on it or does it go to the stud on the starter solenoid where the battery terminal is connected.

My car is a late 72 and I think that it has some 73 wiring pieces on it. It has the instrument package. I have a wiring diagram and it is not very plain on where this yellow wire does mount. It is long enough to reach either point that I mentioned.
Post a picture of the wiring area that you are discussing here. Welcome from TriCities WA.

There have been several discussions on this forum about engine, alternator and regulator wiring, along with pictures.

Just enter what you're looking for in the search box in the upper right corner, here's an example of what you can find:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-help-with-engine-wiring

It appears to go to the terminal in this thread.

can not help but if you are ever just @60miles SE of Pittsburgh the choice auto electrical shop that services everything of electrical for east ohio and western PA only few miles on rte 22 from ground zero of this site where i am Latrobe PA is called Murray Auto Electric Delmont PA. THEY INSTALLED A 130 AMP ALTERNATOR W/BUILT IN REGULATOR AS HAVING 2 OPTIMA BATTERIES TO CHARGE AND RUN A HEAVY STEREO AND AC UPGRADE NEEDED THE EXTRA POWER. MIKKE

ps~my wife got her under grad degree from miami university oxford oh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back