351C Jeopardy- What am I? We have a WINNER!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
I am a vital component on a 351C block, and can be either 2 5/32 in diameter or 2 1/2 in diameter. (Actually, I think it was a 2 1/4" ....sorry about that).

And when you buy your "aftermarket" parts kit, the kit will not have the component in the size for your build.

What am I?????

And remember, this is for a 351C block, nothing to do with human anatomy...although rephrased properly, it could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Front timing cover seal or oil slinger?

I also thought of the thermostat, thermostat bypass disc, exhaust donut, cam bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could it be a rear cam plug you are seeking?
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING.

Now, the question is, how did YOU come about knowing the answer?

For myself, prior to attempting to start building my engine I measured EVERYTHING, including ALL the expansion plugs and appropriate holes EXCEPT FOR THE CAM PLUG hole.

So, after dropping the 2 5/32 plug in the hole, and pounding and pounding and pounding, I am thinking, why is this not staying in? So I remove the plug, see the damage I did to the rear cam bearing, and thing what an interesting way to start an engine build.

Thank you for participating.....I am sure I will have more of 351C Jeopardy in the near future....

Back