circuit board

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripley

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
You guys are a great help on here best site i found Heres want i'm looking for i found a printed circuit board key on here for board with a tach looking for one with out tach 1971 mach 1 trying to track down short

I have the new circuit board trying to see where each tap go so i can follow each one back at wiring harness to find out with one has a short in each time i plug in to circuit board it blow fuse .so if i new which one each circuit was i can plug in each one. one at time to see witch one is shorted.

4 amp one for light cluster dash lights

trying to find which each tap on the circuit board go to. circuit board with tach are diff then my tabs without tach

Last edited by a moderator:
For a standard (non-tach) dash, that pin is number 18, a blue/red wire.

If the fuse doesn't blow without the dash installed, then the problem is on the circuit card/dash lamp sockets on the dash cluster.

If the fuse doesn't blow without the dash installed, then the problem is on the circuit card/dash lamp sockets on the dash cluster.
new circuit board and new sockets new bulb tommorow

new circuit board and new sockets new bulb tommorow
Looking at the connection plug on the wiring that is listed on this site at top of the board here for 71 the pins are at diff spots on mind

Well, I would stop what you are doing and determine why your pins are in different spots. If so, that is probably why you are blowing fuses. The dash cluster connector has small little numbers identifying each pin. If your wire colors are not matching the diagrams, then something is definitely wrong. The standard dash cluster is 9 x 2 pins; the dash cluster connector is 6 x 2 pins.

Well, I would stop what you are doing and determine why your pins are in different spots. If so, that is probably why you are blowing fuses. The dash cluster connector has small little numbers identifying each pin. If your wire colors are not matching the diagrams, then something is definitely wrong. The standard dash cluster is 9 x 2 pins; the dash cluster connector is 6 x 2 pins.
see the numbers on the dash connector but wiring diagram doesnt show number pin numbers I did test number 18 and is hot with lights on and no power with lights off all my other lights in dash work till i plug connector in then it blows fuse Thanks for the help though about pull harness but that looks like a mess also

Back