Sprint Maverick, Mustang, and Pinto being sold together

I would go for the Maverick much easier to work on much simpler than the stang. I had 71 grabber and it was built like 65 mustang bare bones. Just missing the convertible.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Wow never seen the pinto before. Someone is going to have some deep pockets to want to take on all 3 projects. It would a nice collection to own.

John J

If I was older, out of college and had deep pockets I would buy all three. It would be neat to drive them all to a show or cruise night and park them together. I am sure they would draw a lot of attention. Cool cars

My dad bought a 70 maverick first year out had tinted windows, air and radio and that was all the options but cost under $2,000 brand new. I bought one in 71 and had everything but air, hate air, and it was 3,100 sticker and I paid I think 2,800. Back then you bought a car and financed it for a year of 18 months not 5 years like now.

They were good cars too went over 200,000 on both and just quit driving them.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Wow! Never seen all three versions together at the same time. There was an "A" package F code coupe, a "B" package Q code fastback, and a 302 Maverick Sprint at the shop I was stationed at in Georgia. Never saw the Pinto. Didn't think too much about it then but looking back now its sorta crazy to think about three people in the same shop having sprint cars.

Like Elizabeth73 said, wouldn't it be great to be able to show all three at a car show or cruise night.

I need to make sure Readers Digest and Publishers Clearing House have my correct mailing address. Don't want any delays on receiving any multi-million dollar checks!

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Interesting collection - but the owner's ad is worded a little wack and becomes confusing:

"They will go to the highest offer... or, I will keep restoring them and bring to an auction/show."

::huh:::

Virtually impossible to make a serious offer to an add worded like that IMHO.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

• 2 weeks later...

Cost to restore all three at least $60K.

Value of all three after restored $50K maybe.

I'd say he'll be lucky to get $8K for all three.

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1