Austin Vert's Easy Mirror Adjuster.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Hi to all,

Just wanted to mainline an idea of mine that i covered in passing, on another previous post on mirror glass.

Trying to adjust the passengers side door mirror when you're out driving is a real pain. When you're sitting in the drivers seat and you want to adjust that passengers side mirror, it's almost impossible to do so.

I came up with a little idea to help solve the problem, by purchasing a small length of pine moulding from my hardware store which is 1/2 inch square, and about 2 feet long. I gave the two ends a rounded edge sanding and sprayed the stick with a quick dry matt black paint from a rattle can.

If you want to, you can attach a little rubber tip at the ends of the helper stick, but just the wood alone does a fine, easy job of adjusting the mirror to your needs. This helper stick makes adjusting the passengers side mirror easy,and a breeze now when i'm in the drivers seat. I store the stick on the floor tucked in between my drivers seat and the center console wall. It's out of site and does not get in the way of anyone as well. Grab it when you need it, and it's always at the ready.

Also, i've been trying to invent a system of setting up electric mirrors for both sides of our 123 Mustang doors,using the existing original housings, but so far have found that sourcing out components, has proven to be expensive and difficult. Maybe one day i suppose.

See my pics below.

011.JPG010.JPG007.JPG

:thankyouyellow:

Greg.:)

Other mid-70's cars like the Elite III had similar mirrors with a cable type adjuster for the passenger mirror that was located on the dash as I recall, I wonder if one of those could be adapted?

Austin, I came to this from your power mirror thread. It's a great idea. I have a 'club' which is a device used for locking the steering wheel. I have found this to be effective at adjusting the passenger mirror too!

2015-club-logo-web.png

Austin, I came to this from your power mirror thread. It's a great idea. I have a 'club' which is a device used for locking the steering wheel. I have found this to be effective at adjusting the passenger mirror too!

2015-club-logo-web.png
Hi again Mike,

Yeah, i could see that club lock working as well!::thumb::

Good thinking there.

Thanks for sharing.

Greg.:)

Other mid-70's cars like the Elite III had similar mirrors with a cable type adjuster for the passenger mirror that was located on the dash as I recall, I wonder if one of those could be adapted?
So it was done by the previous owner, I think built the mechanism of a later model Mustang or Cougar in the mirror.The joystick with square cover and long operating cable mounted on the side of the long center console.As stupid as I was I wanted it back original, now I know why that PO had made it so ...

:-/

Back