woot!! a site for big stangs!! hello all

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Hello folks....been on a few stang threads but usualy there all wrapped up in 69 and 70 stangs..which i like..but dont own..lol..about time for one for my fav stangs..the 71-73 :) attaching a picture of my red head..she is a 1973 mach 1...marti report..1 of 1...351 cobrajet..still gots all original runing gear..including the original 7300d carb <~~put it away in a box thou..lol..i got this car as a kid right out of high school..paid 1500 bucks for her....drove it for the last 16 years.

Never knew i had a odd car at all till i took it out too a local mustang judge and restorer...he seen the powerwindows and all the codes under the fender and told me i better get a marti report on it...cause he said he only seen few with powerwindows..and never seen one with so many codes and options on the plate under the fender......come back from marti with a list of 18 order options..and some codes on the warranty plate that they cant tell me what they mean..lol..i rote alot of experts..and i hit a wall...the j code on my plate is lost too time and space:( but it was a option on my car that was under warranty and not a mistake..who knows what for...car was made about a week before the end of the 1973 mustang..and was 14 days behind sced...lol..that suprized the judge too when we got the report back..he said..usualy a car orderd like that..is for a show room...let alone be put together so late..lol..because they were tring too roll out mustang 2's by then.

So anyways...sorry about the book..heck.. just excitied too see a site for the 71-73 stangs..hope to chat up about old big stangs on here..and enjoy too see the odd and cool stangs people still dig up.<~~plus some one mite dig up that same code on there warranty plate and know what it means!! ;) have a great day everyone.

Great car, and a bonus with all the history. Welcome to the site, we have the experienced members and the drivers here to do, and have done most anything. Just ask

Alan L

WELCOME aboard!

It would appear that you have a car with some very interesting history. It might help if you could post up a copy of your "Marti Report" as that might help someone in identifying the "J" information.

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums. Again, Welcome.

BT

ty all!! ooh ya..i hope to find out more..and even if i dont..im happy with all i found out....it does got some weird cross bars the mustang guy pointed out too me in the trunk that attach to the latch... some odd old 1970's wiring going into a white box..like a old truck alarm or somthing..lol..we dont know if its stock..report doesnt say anything about it..but..its period correct....maybe thats the j..lol...but we not sure..every time we look at the old girl we find somthing else...lol..glad i have a expert too see it...i seen a few of his stangs roll across barrett jacksons for bank....he makes sure every bolt and nut is original..all the way down too the glue they use..lol...<~~way more than i would ever..lol..but glad too have some one that lives close and does that kind of work and be able too tell you what is going on...funny thing is..got him stumped too..lol..when you stump marti and a expert..you know your doing good..hehe

the j code doesnt come up on the report..but ill scan and show what they got...marti doesnt know why its not on there..but its on the original warranty plate..and when i showed the mustang guy the warranty plate..right away..he looks and says..thats not right...shouldnt be a j code on there at all..lol..so il stick the warranty plate under the scanner too and see if anyone has the same on there plate or report...thanks all..and hope to have many good chats on here!!.. im seeing some awsome 1971-73 stangs on here:)

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! Great intro, hope you enjoy the site!

::welcome::

Welcome! Sounds like you have an interesting car. Looking forward to the pics of the various things.

ty everyone!! all big stangs are cool i think:) i wish i had a shed full of them..wouldnt care if they was beat or sweet:)

but it is a odd ball...it orignaly had a white chornithian seats..which we found most of the white original back pannels in the back trunk...he wanted to make me a deal on them..cause its hard too find original white back seat plastic ..lol..well..he looked at them and said wow..i dont know what to say...im like what? he said..these are white..1973 seat pannels...but there marked 1974!! and there not reproduction!!..lol..but they say ford right on them..lol...i still got them....he never seen anything like that...cause by 1974 it was all mustang 2 and they wouldnt be making any back seat pannels for a old model by that time..plus if they did..why did they change the mold too say 1974? lmao....i really had got him stumped..lol...but goes to show..you never know what the heck your car been threw..till you run all the numbers ..makes me think some one that owned it..must of had alot of pull with ford too get it so late..with so much odd ball stuff on it...lol stuff i would of never known if i didnt take it in and have it checked out..he was all over it...we even found a power steering oil cooler under the steering unit...cause i noticed the lines didnt run right too the unit..it ran under it and threw the cooler and then into the steering box..lol...i guess it has a preformace steering set up like a older boss stang....he said they put those on some stangs....but only spendy ones..lol..its kinda fun decoding old cars sometimes..guess its like are little version of indiana jones!!

ty again everyone for the warm welcome!!

Nice car can't wait to see marti and more pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's awesome! If anything, the 7300D carb is another reason why you have a 1 of 1 73Mustang. Could be a stang with prototype codes?

ty everyone!! all big stangs are cool i think:) i wish i had a shed full of them..wouldnt care if they was beat or sweet:)
I share your passion for these cars and can't afford to buy the 1:1 scales so I just collect the toy versions to build my stable :D

::welcome::

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back