How old were you when you bought your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought my first '71 when I was in high school (17) from a neighbor when it was 9 years old. Rebuilt it, drove it through high school, marriage, and the blissful years before...sold it when the kids came along. Bought my current '73 when AARP started calling - so I guess the middle age thing and a true love for 71-73s.

I bought my first one, 71 M code Mach1, when I came back to the states in 1976. I was 22. I'm on number 5 now. I just liked the way they look. Chuck

Was 24 and had just returned from overseas in 1975 when I bought my 71 Pewter M code Mach 1. Was a more "Seasoned" 30 when I acquired my red 71 M code Mach 1 in 1981. I've had around 10 Mustangs so far. My 67 289 4 speed and a 85 4bl 5sp(still own) probably rank as the most fun to drive. But there was just something about the "Look" those 71's had. I was hooked and the rest is history!

First Mustang, 2nd car. Early 80's when I was 16. I pulled it as a wreck from the family salvage yard. Rebuilt it from available parts and whatever funds I could earn. Had it until I got married, That seems to be a running trend.:slap:

nKP-bgd1cd-8jXU3Efkeky4n7aiqaGhlAqxJXtikMzg=w445-h215-p-no
z5aU4JJxhz-1OgzdsvfYeeKS97LBEi4DE6SgWuBOjyQ=w344-h223-p-no

The grill was with the car but both ends were broken and the lights where missing. I thought the rectangle headlights were a cool custom touch along with the handmade scoop. 30 years would go by before I got my current 'stang.

Bought my red 73 Mach in 1984 from my uncle, I was 17yrs old. Still have it, will never get rid of it. Bought my blue 72 Mach in 2006, still working on it. I'm 47 now.

I've had a few cars , not all Mustangs, but my first Mustang was a '65 Hi-Po Coupe when I was 20, the second Mustang was a '66 Shelby GT-350 when I was 26, and my current Mustang, a '71 Mach 1 when I was 35...and still have the Mach 1.

Here's a good photo of the '65 Hi-Po Coupe after I restored it, and my current Mach 1.

'65 GT Hi-Po Mustang Coupe.jpg

3 blown gas hydros tow vehicles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back