Vintage races yesterday

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Went up to the vintage races at pacific raceways this weekend, had a great time and seen a lot of awesome cars..I will post up some of my fav classics, the mighty GT-40 427 Sideoiler FE and a small block GT-40 and a neater than hell aluminum Porche..It really caught my eye. and so many more.

Got to meet and get autograph from Tommy Kendall " Trans am and Nascar driver at one time..Nice guy, he really chatted it up too. If you ever get a chance to go and see the vintages races up at Pacific raceways in Wa, do it!! been to a few of them now and nothing but awesome time. Better than a car show, not only some amazing machines to check out, but most of them hit the track and they halling some arse, i got some footage ill go thru later.

Last edited by a moderator:
That would be neat for sure to see them on the track again.

Didn't one of the Aluminum Porsche speedsters kill James Dean along with the 1950 Ford coupe that he ran into? The driver of the 50 coupe was not injured Dean died instantly and not much left of the aluminum Porsche. What was left of the car was considered cursed and disappeared.

David

3994794_f520[1].jpg

JamesDeanCarWreck[1].jpg

james_dean_accident_second-car1_thumb[1].jpg

Should have let me know, I had yesterday off.
Wish i coud have..it was sprung on me at the last min..I was asked late thursday night if i wanted to go " kinda forgot it was coming up" I kept thinkin about the B reactor tours i booked..lol...Plus it was so damn hot, we got there pretty early, and bailed soon as we could..But next round ill give a shout out when i up there...still thinkin about hitting one the NHRA races up there again.

Awesome photos!! Love that Vette and that GT40 Mk2 in that livery is my dream car. Thanks for sharing :).
oh yess...that car just .oohh lordy ;)..lol

That would be neat for sure to see them on the track again.

Didn't one of the Aluminum Porsche speedsters kill James Dean along with the 1950 Ford coupe that he ran into? The driver of the 50 coupe was not injured Dean died instantly and not much left of the aluminum Porsche. What was left of the car was considered cursed and disappeared.

David
I think it was..Work of art too!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back