1972 Q-CODE 4SPEED 351CJ BUILD

Hey Q Great to see you back man!!  You, your advice, experience and knowledge have been greatly missed. I'm looking forward to your progress on the Mach and the lessons and tips you're going to share with us. Again, welcome back!!

• Thanks 1

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Welcome back Q!  I look forward to you picking up where you left off.  And can’t wait for more Saturday morning garage videos.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys ! Yes been a long time ! I'll do what I can with pics & videos, My work area is really small so a lot of stuff needs to be done outside & I'm at the mercy of the weather, I've got a bunch of parts that have been stripped & prepped ready to epoxy prime but waiting on some good weather to do that- All my dash brackets -4 speed under dash stuff -motor mounts-etc. All the little bits & pieces to reassemble the dash-My plan is to finish the body work (just the hood left) -Than get the car driveable again- Originally I was going to wait till it was painted to do that, Will just be a lot easier being able to have it running-A few months ago I was seriously considering selling it but just couldn't do it, I'm to deep into it & the sentimental value is priceless !

• Fist Bump 1

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Welcome back Scott! I'm glad to see you back into getting the car finished. Having seen your other garage it's hard to believe this one is smaller! LOL!!!

• LOL 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Howdy stranger!

Welcome back.

• Thanks 1

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.

Mission accomplished-I got the vents bonded in to the hood-Quite a little project here-I used S.E.M. multi-panel adhesive, great stuff ! I'll be using their epoxy based 2 component seam sealer for doing all the seam sealing-So after I bonded the vents in I had to actually weld fill a few of the holes left from the screws I used to hold the vents in place- beauty of this panel adhesive is you can actually weld with out worrying about ruining the adhesive bond of course it was only a few tacks and I made sure to keep the area cool after each tack using my air blower. If I had just filled the holes with filler no doubt over time they will telegraph or show through the paint job. Next step is doing the tedious job of filler work around the perimeter of the vent to hood joint. Man cant wait to finish this panel ! I also fitted the front hood naca vents a little tweak here & there & they are fitting really nice ! After the hood is finished I'll get the drivers side of the car in 2k blocking primer and the car will all be in 1 color !

IMG_9360.JPG

IMG_9361.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome back. I was wondering where you went. Looking forward to following your progress.

• Like 1

20210826_100810-mod-s.jpg.52aeaedc03b0419348700fb9c465e338.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• 2 weeks later...

Filler work on the vents is finished !!! and the hood is in 2k blocking primer-I sanded the epoxy primer on the passenger door yesterday and will have the fender done in a few hours-Will have those 2 panels in 2k Blocking primer by the end of the day- Next up the underside of the car and seam sealing the ENTIRE car from front to back-I think for that I'm going to do a video

IMG_9372.JPG

IMG_9376.JPG

IMG_9378.JPG

• Like 1

That looks sweet Scott! 

• Thanks 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

SO glad to see you back at this, Scott!  Hey, if you need any advice on how to put it all back together, hit me up - I learned from the best! :rofl:

I love the Raam Mat - it's amazing how much of a difference it makes.  I know when you tap on the roof of mine, it sounds like a freaken tank!

• Like 1

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

8 hours ago, OMS said:

As always nice work Scott and welcome back

Thanks D ! I need to give you a call for some parts -will ring you up in the next few days

8 hours ago, Mister 4x4 said:

SO glad to see you back at this, Scott!  Hey, if you need any advice on how to put it all back together, hit me up - I learned from the best! :rofl:

I love the Raam Mat - it's amazing how much of a difference it makes.  I know when you tap on the roof of mine, it sounds like a freaken tank!

LOL E, Yep back at it and finishing it this time for SURE !! Yes the Raam Mat is great stuff I've used it in all my builds !

Got the right side all in 2K primer today !! :biggrin: Taking a little break for a day or two regrouping-Than I'm thinking on to seam sealing the entire car inside-outside- bottom-I'll Probably be using Raptor liner as the final finish on the bottom after that painting the engine bay (flat black) I gotta say I'm LOVING how crisp and defined all the body style lines are came out!  AMAZING how far ahead of its time the styling & design of this car is !

IMG_9381.JPG

IMG_9382.JPG

IMG_9383.JPG

• Like 1

So I forgot to mention I took a look at my motor today since its probably time to start thinking about getting it ready decide what I'm going to do as far as a power plant-Although it doesn't look it this is the original numbers matching motor I had rebuilt around 1985 ish I think, I only had about 4000 miles on it before I took the car off the road-even has the original 4300D carb ! It's been sitting in that spot in my basement with the toploader still attached all these years. Of course if I use it I'll tear it down all new gaskets detail it etc. On the other hand I'm really considering building a new 408 Stroker -I guess I'll decide shortly, on a side note the original rebuilt motor did run FANTASTIC !

IMG_9388.JPG

IMG_9389.JPG