Boss 351 Production by month

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
The month-by-month Boss 351 production volumes are as follows:

11/70 = 383 units

12/70 = 261 units

1/71 = 222 units

2/71 = 212 units

3/71 = 223 units

4/71 = 188 units

5/71 = 154 units

6/71 = 83 units

7/71 = 74 units

8/71 = 6 units (8/2/71 only)

-----------------------

Total = 1,806 units

Thanks to Adrian Clements for this data breakdown.

Ray

Don't know how Adrian came into such detailed info, but to have it made available to us is beyond fantastic. The breakdown on the 429 cars even down to the body style, transmission, and actual engine code left me speechless. (Not easily done) Knew the 1806 number was always out there on the Boss 351. But to have the monthly production figures is great! So Adrian, thanks for sharing such detailed information with us and I am certainly glad you made this site your Mustang home!

Don't know how Adrian came into such detailed info, but to have it made available to us is beyond fantastic. The breakdown on the 429 cars even down to the body style, transmission, and actual engine code left me speechless. (Not easily done) Knew the 1806 number was always out there on the Boss 351. But to have the monthly production figures is great! So Adrian, thanks for sharing such detailed information with us and I am certainly glad you made this site your Mustang home!
I agree, after seeing that post on the 429 cars I copied it to keep with my car. Just awesome history to have when you have a car like that and know your car is one of those being counted in the production stats. Adrian is on the "A" Team!

226701 is mine and it was built on 7/26/71 and is confirmed as one of the last dozen Boss 351's built and maybe the last one still in known existence. I cannot wait for the Boss 351 book to be released as I believe it will include a registry that the author has been compiling for quite some time.

Great post Boss1Ray. never seen that production numbers from each month before. I am new here who is Adrian Clements. Again thank you for posting it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Boss1Ray. never seen that production numbers from each month before. I am new here who is Adrian Clements. Again thank you for posting it.
Jim,

I sent you a PM a while ago but you never answered. Lots of good info for you if your interested. Look at the top of the site for Private Messages.

Back