Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Grande 351C 2v
Hi,

Just picked up a 73 Grande w/ 351c 2v motor and FMX trans. Car is rust free (rare find here in Iowa!) but not without its issues that need to be addressed. Let's start with one that is confusing to me! On the center console in front of the shifter where the old school clock should be there isn't one. Instead there is an LED display that doesn't work but has printed on it RPM x100. Is this original? I cannot find anything on this? I was told that everything on the car is original and did verify the engine and trans numbers do match. Keep in mind the car is bone stock and has 66,800 original miles. The sweet Ginger interior is in fantastic shape.

Thanks!

Welcome from Oklahoma.

The LED tach is not original. Post up some pics. Sounds like the car is not too far from really nice shape.

Ray

Welcome from Oklahoma.

The LED tach is not original. Post up some pics. Sounds like the car is not too far from really nice shape.

Ray
I will get some pics and post them tonight. I had to go pick up the car at lunch. It is in good shape aside from pretty bad paint job, I guess someone didn't think wet sanding and polishing were part of a good paint job. The rims he put on it leave something to be desired as well.

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray
Any idea what car the tach might be from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Texas!

I actually have an aftermarket tach from the late '80s that's digital (have no idea if it even works or not, either). But Ray's right - not stock. Not even close.

Can't wait to see pics! ::thumb::

Got some pics taken. Not great as it was raining so I had to take in the garage. I also included a pic of the console if anyone can shed some light on it

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

Looks like a real clean car!

I like the color but strange that the rear marker light bezels are not the body color.

That tach box in the clock spot is not original but hey

enjoy that car!

Last edited by a moderator:
::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Remember to post a pin on the member map under "fun stuff" at the top right of the page.

Back