New from NC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enix187

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1, Light Pewter Metallic, Q code car.

Parked in 1980 due to bad valves, bought from the 2nd owner.
Fresh off the fox body boat and into my first classic mustang, far from my first classic car. I've been buying and selling classics and other cars for the past five years and finally decided I really wanted to build a car for me rather than one to sell.

And here she is, 1972 q code mach 1 (sorry for the misprint), two owner NC car, by and far one of the most solid cars I've bought lately, needs floor pans (mainly due to the rear seat pan) and a truck pan, and other incidentals but it a sold car.

34obnu8.jpg

Bought the car from the second owner, he bought it with his enlistment check in 1976 when he graduated high school and enrolled in the Air Force. he drove the car for four years and then parked it for not apparent reason. Turns out the no apparent reason was a botched head rebuild that resulted in low compression in a few cylinders

s4tezs.jpg

The car is currently getting taken apart for a new full floor pan and trunk pan, along with a new hood, trunk, fuel and brake system over haul, and a manual transmission swap is in the works. I'll post some more pictures of the car if I have any request to do so. Been a while since I've been a forum member and I hope I can lend some help or at least learn some more things here.

15hmqmh.jpg

so very clean in the valve cover but still so very broken, A/C still had charge too....scared me pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi from Phoenix. Yeah, it appears to be a 72. (Front bumper and grill).

Thanks for saving the old girl. I am glad to hear you are building it to keep because there is no way you could make money on one of these cars that need that kind of work. Should be a fun project. You should check the cowl for possible rust as well.

So what are the plans? Bring it back to mostly stock? Total retro-mod or something between?

Welcome From Rhode Island.

as others have pointed out it looks like a 72 front end, you can veryify this with the Vin it would be 2F05QXXXXX, or 3F05QXXXXX

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I'll join in and say that's a 71/72, at least it has the fenders, lights in the lower valance, grille and front bumper of a 71/72.

Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

If you feel like it, post up a pic or two of the Fox body as well (I'm also a 'former Fox Body/Four-Eyed Freak' owner myself - '82 GL hatch). :whistling:

Looks to me like a very promising project: solid, Q Code, with original motor and tranny. Stay with it and you'll end up with a super nice classic car, street drivable and safe. All the best in the rebuild.

Welcome to you both!

Back