New from NC

enix187

Fresh off the fox body boat and into my first classic mustang, far from my first classic car. I've been buying and selling classics and other cars for the past five years and finally decided I really wanted to build a car for me rather than one to sell.

And here she is, 1972 q code mach 1 (sorry for the misprint), two owner NC car, by and far one of the most solid cars I've bought lately, needs floor pans (mainly due to the rear seat pan) and a truck pan, and other incidentals but it a sold car.

34obnu8.jpg

Bought the car from the second owner, he bought it with his enlistment check in 1976 when he graduated high school and enrolled in the Air Force. he drove the car for four years and then parked it for not apparent reason. Turns out the no apparent reason was a botched head rebuild that resulted in low compression in a few cylinders

s4tezs.jpg

The car is currently getting taken apart for a new full floor pan and trunk pan, along with a new hood, trunk, fuel and brake system over haul, and a manual transmission swap is in the works. I'll post some more pictures of the car if I have any request to do so. Been a while since I've been a forum member and I hope I can lend some help or at least learn some more things here.

15hmqmh.jpg

so very clean in the valve cover but still so very broken, A/C still had charge too....scared me pretty good.

Hi from Phoenix. Yeah, it appears to be a 72. (Front bumper and grill).

Thanks for saving the old girl. I am glad to hear you are building it to keep because there is no way you could make money on one of these cars that need that kind of work. Should be a fun project. You should check the cowl for possible rust as well.

So what are the plans? Bring it back to mostly stock? Total retro-mod or something between?

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome From Rhode Island.

as others have pointed out it looks like a 72 front end, you can veryify this with the Vin it would be 2F05QXXXXX, or 3F05QXXXXX

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I'll join in and say that's a 71/72, at least it has the fenders, lights in the lower valance, grille and front bumper of a 71/72.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Welcome from West Texas! ::thumb::

If you feel like it, post up a pic or two of the Fox body as well (I'm also a 'former Fox Body/Four-Eyed Freak' owner myself - '82 GL hatch). :whistling:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

::welcome:: from Wake Forest, NC-

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Welcome from Massachusetts, good luck with the restoration, looks like a worthy subject. You said 73 but it looks suspiciously like a 71 or 72. :chin:

Going fast is fun but life is short so slow down and enjoy the ride :D Frank

Welcome from TriCities WA

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Looks to me like a very promising project: solid, Q Code, with original motor and tranny. Stay with it and you'll end up with a super nice classic car, street drivable and safe. All the best in the rebuild.

Welcome to you both!

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

Welcome from the other end of the state in Asheville area.

What is wrong with the hood on it? The side trim for the black out that is missing is one of the most difficult parts to find, hope it is in the car. Is it a Mach 1 or Sportsroof?

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Welcome to the site from Virginia. Looks like a great project. Keep us updated on your progress.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from eastern Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

• 2 months later...