New Idea

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FunForFree33

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang
1995 Honda Civic
Ok. So I am going to get a new starting mustang but I decieded to keep this one and make one of the 4x4 mustangs with it because the body is in such good condition I just dont want to let it go and at least this way I will kind of still have it.

Dude... I'm here to tell you that even I know that you just don't do that to certain cars - and half of my vehicles have lift kits on them because of my affliction for ground clearance. El Camino? Sure. Classic Mustang... not so much.

I would get a new project Mustang and use whatever you can from your now $800 parts car (still a bargain).

Just sayin'.

Dude... I'm here to tell you that even I know that you just don't do that to certain cars - and half of my vehicles have lift kits on them because of my affliction for ground clearance. El Camino? Sure. Classic Mustang... not so much.

I would get a new project Mustang and use whatever you can from your now $800 parts car (still a bargain).

Just sayin'.
+1. I normall tell people that it's your car do what you want...and I won't tell you NOT to do it...but a 4x4 classic Mustang just seems wrong. FWIW.

+ this Idea WILL cast you LOTS of $$ and skill to do it. I did see a 67 mustang 4X4 and it just did not look right!

also just saying, we are here to give advice.

It's your car and we are here to offer advice if you decide to do it but that project too will cost a LOT of money leaving you less to spend on the car you do find that's a better starting point than subject car.

I still vote you sell it to the co-worker for $900 and then have both more money and better success on the one you do find now that you know better what to look for.

Thanks everyone for you opinions. I love hearing everyones thoughts. I just dont know what to do I sit there and look at the car and all I see is a nice car begging to be saved. I know what the right thing to do is but my heart just doesnt wanna give up on it.

Here is a thread chock full of mutant 4x4s. Hillarious!

Mutant 4x4s!

027.jpg

this is just plain wrong but cool at the same time.

[video=youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago I saw a 1965 Mustang Convertible 4X4. A very sharp looking rig, done right. I can't imagine that in todays market. Dito on the cost of converting the Mustang to 4X4. I am an avid off roader which begs to point out the fact that the 71-73 would never really be a good canidate to start with either. Your car - your call.

I am going to pull the fenders off and take out the motor and get a real good look at the damage and see what can be done. I know I shouldnt be messing with it but I am just not ready to give up yet.. I might just fix the frame. I stopped by Kingston Hotrods and asked them about the car. They said they did one recently and it caust 3200 to do. If I remove the engine and components it should caust that much.

I am going to pull the fenders off and take out the motor and get a real good look at the damage and see what can be done. I know I shouldnt be messing with it but I am just not ready to give up yet.. I might just fix the frame. I stopped by Kingston Hotrods and asked them about the car. They said they did one recently and it caust 3200 to do. If I remove the engine and components it should caust that much.
Alright, then. You've made up your mind, and we'll support you. Just post up some pics as you go and we'll be happy to lend a hand.

Doc

NO 4X4 UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO THROW MONEY AWAY..... I RECOMENDED A SITE TO LOOK AT AND DON AT OMS SAID HE HAD WHAT YOU NEED, DO YOU REALLY THINK YOU CAN TURN IT INTO A 4X4 THAT IS FUNCTIONAL AND COMPETITIVE FOR LESS. I AM SORRY IF I'M RUDE BUT REALLY MAN. YOUR NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE.

Back