Ferrari for sale

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It still looks like an unhappy styling exercise. And 5 years ago these were going for $35,000 in the UK. But the market is going crazy now for Ferraris and provenance, so IMO it should fetch $200 - $300,000.

Funny how that car really did not age well.

At the time it was the hottest thing you could imagine but now it just looks plain wrong.

I actually preferred the Daytona replicas and thought that the show was better with them than with the Testarossa.

Is Miami Vice still enough in people's memories that the car will bring a huge sum due to its provenance?

I would SO love to have that car. Ferrari's are incredible cars with what I believe to be the best consistency in styling through the years (at least up until after The Old Man passed - some of the newer models just don't appeal to me). The other exotics seemed to suffer a few "Really?!" moments in their model line-ups... and some just recycled older designs with new names.

The only thing I don't think I'd like about the majority of the Ferraris (and exotics, really) out there are that pretty much anybody over 6 ft. tall need not apply.

Don't know what that one will bring but a local here is selling a Ferrari for 5 million. Don't remember what model. He owns Blue Ridge Vintage Racing, Inc. He had one of the Boss 429 factory race cars that had the NASCAR version of the engine with dry sump oiling but sold it.

I agree there are no exotic cars that fit a tall guy I cannot even sit in a Dodge Viper beats my head up.

David

I'm 6ft 5 and can only fit in GTS / Spyder models.

Yes, I agree something went wrong with the styling of Ferrari's a while back. I've always loved the BB and Daytona, they had nice clean lines. But these days the designs look awkward.

My favorites as well... including 365 GTB/4 and 365 GTS/4 Daytona Spyder, BB512, 308/328 GTS, 348/355 GTS, 288 GTO, Testarossa, 360 Modena, 550 Maranello, F40, and the 250 GTO... although, I admit I would even be happy with a Dino 308/400 Mondial, as well.

Every one of them in that perfect shade of Red. Oh yeah...

Probably a 1962-64 250 GTO with a winning racing record. Probably a bit ambitious on the price, but 7-figures is about normal for such exotics.

* Edit: I take that back... apparently, 8-figures is more normal for 250 GTOs. Wow. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_250_GTO
Take a look at this guys web site just a 40 min. drive from my home and did not know he was there.

www.blueridge-sportscars.com

About the only American car he does is Shelby mustangs and cobras.

I am not allowed to mention who is buying the car but he also just bought another Ferrari for 17 million so he is not hurting for funds, lol.

Will see if he buys it.

When I get my 72 Q vert ready for paint I am going to see what he will charge to shoot the color in his booth. I know I cannot afford to have him do the body work and I enjoy doing that anyway. Just will never have a booth like he has.

David

For me a Ferrari has to be yellow! Their hue is so beautiful and it goes perfectly with the lines of the cars.

Ferrari red was originally Alfa Romeo red btw. :)

::thumb::Meh - yellow's OK, I suppose. IMHO, that red looks GREAT on pretty much anything Italian. ;) ::thumb::

Back