'71 BOSS 351 Brochure

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a link to that same low-quality scan. I'll scan my original as soon as I can.

And then I'll post here and in the WIKI.

I thought Wolverine posted it all a few years back but can't find it on here...

Another great informational & literature site is

http://www.mustangtek.com/

Ray

Ray

Here is a link to that same low-quality scan. I'll scan my original as soon as I can.

And then I'll post here and in the WIKI.

I thought Wolverine posted it all a few years back but can't find it on here...

Another great informational & literature site is

http://www.mustangtek.com/

Ray

Ray
How would ANYONE remember my posting of this brochure. What kind of beer do you drink? Must be some holy water in there.

I went through all my attachments and didn't find it. Looking through my drives as well.

I saw one of those supplements on eBay. I think they came with new B1's when new. I bought one to keep with my car the other day.

I was able to pick up an original at Carlisle Ford Show in June for $20. The guy was ingenious. He went to local Ford dealers and picked up their old stock.

Reprints are available

Click to view: 71 BOSS OWNERS MANUAL SUPPLEMENT Item #OM-71BOSS

71 BOSS OWNERS MANUAL SUPPLEMENT

Interesting, they recommend 40 wt oil for the motor. Curious what everyone's thoughts are about this.
The clearances back then were more than now. Rings were different and the seals also. Multi weight is much better oil now. I still have never had any luck with pure synthetic. I built one brand new engine, new pistons, ground crank, new rockers, new cam, new lifters, new push rods. After running regular oil for break in of rings. I switched to synthetic Mobil 1 took a trip across the U.S. several thousand miles. By the time I got home the valves did not sound right so I pulled the cover and the push rods were almost worn to a point. I had to do everything all over again used the same brand of parts but put regular 5 W 30 in and went over 100,000 that time.

Just what happened with me.

Back