71 custom build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry guys I'm trying to get pic out. Ill figure it out eventually :huh:
I have to...

Brouse for a file...

upload file...

then copy and paste the photo link into the post

wheltx.jpg

Paul

Wow, good eye for proportions. You shortened the front overhang?

Lots of great bodywork so far.

Keep those pics coming!!!! :)

custom 71a.jpg

Thanks for the comments. Went to a cruise tonight with the model A. Great weather in the mountains . I will be posting more pics over the weekend. Progress will be moderate to slow as I'm a one man builder A to Z. I estimate this one at 1500 hours and I can give it about 15 a week right now. Have other pics you may find interesting. I plan to fab the rear deck next week . I think you'll have a good idea of where I'm going with it at that time. After that ill be but welding about 300 ft of sheet metal so not much will change for a while. Stay with me I appreciate the support, makes all the work easier.

custom 71b.jpg

Could someone let me know why my pics are flipped, thanks. I fitted the bumper today had to fab brackets.

Also looking for your thoughts . I'm thinking the new charger 4 headlight. You know the ones with the flat tops. A honey cone grill with a nice mustang horse in the middle. Just can't do the one single big headlight like stock. Pitch in , comments will be appreciated about this idea or other possibilities like maybe a 69 stang 4 headlight set up set up .thanks

Thanks jbojo for rotating the pics. I inserted them into the original post.
Ya thanks, hope I can figure out what I'm doing wrong , put a couple others that were flipped, sorry lol I hope I don't flip the real thing when its done!!!

Wow, good eye for proportions. You shortened the front overhang?

Lots of great bodywork so far.

Keep those pics coming!!!! :)
Yes, I took 81/2 inches of the front fenders and hood , its all waisted space. I still have room with the core support in its original location to fit grill & headlight hardware . Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the direction you are heading with the rear window area of the car. I always liked the fastback profile, but thought it would look better with a coupe-like rear window section! I always wanted to give it a try, just don't have the means to do so, I am very interested to see how she turns out!

I really like the direction you are heading with the rear window area of the car. I always liked the fastback profile, but thought it would look better with a coupe-like rear window section! I always wanted to give it a try, just don't have the means to do so, I am very interested to see how she turns out!
Hi, I have no real means either, got a 3 ft break , a good size sand bag , a bunch of hammers and time to spend, No real equipment and no help. I love it !!!! Just years of playing and cutting stuff up lol , appreciate the post .

image.jpgA couple more pics for fun

custom 71d.jpg

image.jpgone of my boys takin her for a test run

image.jpg

View attachment 33576Pieces piled up for the weekend during cut

image.jpgPic of the infamous mustang cowl leak. If your getting water on your floor in the rain , chances are ,even if the car is pretty , this is what it looks like behind the dash.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
looks very promising. can't wait to see the result.

Back