old Ford Drag Club promo video

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.

Not so good quality but very cool video.

I remember going with my dad and cousin to Fred Jones Ford and their Ford Drag Club meeting about 1969!

Ray

What a great time to be around. Unfortunately like the cars of the era, things like the Ford drag team will never happen again, it really was a special place in time when the manufacturers backed drag racing and guys got payed to do it, plus they got all the latest and greatest parts coming from the factory to show what was coming out of the place. Also how good was it that they went around to dealers and held performance clinics, showing off what was coming and showing young guys how to get the most out of their cars. What about those guys banging through the gears, just awesome. You guys in the U.S. got it so good, just such a shame this will never ever happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. It brought back a lot of memories. I saw the Hubert Platt car a couple of years ago at the Mustang National show at Indianapolis Raceway Park.

Everyone is Super-Welcome!

I love diggin' up this old historical Ford stuff! ------- And of course sharing it HERE! :)

Youtube & Facebook are my main sources if anyone else wants to go mining for cool stuff!

Ray

Here are some related pics/articles about the Ford Drag Club as mentioned in the video.

They usually brought the cars with some of the popular drivers to give the seminars...

Rice and Holman Ford Drag - clear.jpg

Here are some pics of what I remember the meeting at Fred Jones Ford in Oklahoma City looked like.

Ford Drag Club Seminar newspaper ad.jpg

Hurst Report Ford Drag Club.jpg

American Road Ford Drag Club.jpg

Ford Drag Club seminar_a.jpg

Ford Drag Team Meeting 1969_a.jpg

Back