Met the Meet and Greet Moderator Jeff73Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
During my recent 2200 mile vacation I took the notion to do an overdue visit with my great phone buddy Jeff in Nashville and Roy Tnfastbk in Knoxville TN.

Jeff has been extremely helpful and generous in my 73 build over the years and this visit was way overdue.

His 408 build is in a word WOW!

We took the car to the muffler shop to get his 3 inch stainless system installed and of course had to test the noise levels of the new set up. The setup in my opinion is perfect. Not too loud when up to speed as we had great conversations in the car. But with the windows down and in the gas the whole neighborhood can here that animal coming from a mile away.

I had a great time helping Jeff wrench on the car with a few odds and ends and really wish I had more time to spend. It's a brave man that allows a stranger to go at his car with a 4 1/2 grinder with a cutting blade attached!

Jeff and Roy are perfect hosts and even though Roy had just undergone elbow surgery 6 days before we had a great visit (wished I'd have taken pictures with Roy though) he was as usual very upbeat.

Tennessee has 2 great ambassadors to our hobby. Many thanks to you both. Had a great time! :thankyouyellow:

Mark

30lp0uw.jpg

2i087sy.jpg

2iw7s79.jpg

pauy9.jpg

It was overdue. Glad we could hang out and piddle with the car. My exhaust is not stainless however-just the mufflers. ;) and my engine is a 393C not a 408-Roy is still the CID leader in our area.

Mark hauled off a few odds and ends that I might have otherwise had to send to the scrapyard. I imagine he will clean and cut and fabricate them into pieces that will be better than new. And I have room to store more crap . . .

Thank you for not telling everyone how bad my tool box and cart looked, the embarrassment would be like I was an Auburn fan or something.

Back