First trip to the park for some glamour shots

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terlingua_RS

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
vsflhl.jpg

1973, 351c, 4v, 4spd

taken with iPhone 6

2z8qjjl.jpg

taken with iPhone 6

2u4pyfq.jpg

taken with iPhone 6

286uwhx.jpg

taken with iPhone 6

28217v4.jpg

taken with sony cyber-shot digital camera

Nice looking car and pics! Thanks for posting!

I know the polyglass tires are period correct but do you notice any handling issues with those tires as opposed to having a steel radial?

Nice looking car and pics! Thanks for posting!

I know the polyglass tires are period correct but do you notice any handling issues with those tires as opposed to having a steel radial?
Yes the handling is noticeably different. The sidewalls seem to be softer or weaker than radials and you can really feel it in a turn. Going over bumps in the road can upset the car too. You really need both hands on the wheel driving on secondary and main roads. Highway driving is better as long as the road surface is in decent shape.

I remember seeing these tires for the first time in the Mustang Recognition Guide many years ago and just loved that look. I'm glad they still make them.

Nice car, looks great!

Just a tip for all you guys shooting your cars, if you want to avoid the wide angle distortion, back up farther away from your car and zoom in with your lens (assuming you have a zoom lens.) Try to be shooting at greater focal length than 50mm. Also try to get even with the cars level vertically. Don't shoot down or up at your car unless you want that vibe.

The 71-73 mustangs especially are difficult to photograph because of their proportions and if you use a wide angle and stay close to the car they will look either very nose heavy or back heavy depending on where you are.

Im not trying to diss anyones creativity or photography but if you were wondering why your pictures of your car don't look like your car, that's why. :).

IMG_5079.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice car & Nice pics..Looks like the park over in fishkill ?

You should stop in to to my new shop (right over brewster ny line less than 10 minutes from the 684 / 84 interchange) We could head over to the sycamore one saturday night with both our cars. Do you ever go to the shoprite plaza in Carmel on saturday nights ? Planing a meet up of NY-New England members at my shop in the fall too.

IMG_0290.JPGIMG_0310-1.JPG

Nice car & Nice pics..Looks like the park over in fishkill ?

You should stop in to to my new shop (right over brewster ny line less than 10 minutes from the 684 / 84 interchange) We could head over to the sycamore one saturday night with both our cars. Do you ever go to the shoprite plaza in Carmel on saturday nights ? Planing a meet up of NY-New England members at my shop in the fall too.
Thanks. The pictures were taken in Montgomery at the Thomas Bull Memorial Park, ( Orange county park ) I live about 8 or 9 miles from there. They are having a car show there on the 26th of this month.

Your shop looks nice. You are in CT? My work takes me to the Brewster / Carmel area at times. I know the area pretty well and all of the body shops on the NY side.

Where is your shop?

Back