Hempstead TX Car Show 7-18-15

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
I flew back from a week in Olympia, WA at Midnight Friday/Saturday, drove home from Austin, got three hours of sleep, and then drove 30 minutes to a car show in Hempstead, TX. Pretty big show (over 200 cars) and I finally got to see another one of our cars at the show. The car was a 429CJ and it belonged to Mike429CJ. It was great visiting with him and getting to see his beautiful car. They forgot to mention on the flyer that there was only two ways to win something at the show. 1. It had to be a Chevy (only three non-Chevys won) and 2. You had to be local. There were some beautiful Fords and especially some beautiful Mustangs at this show and not a single Mustang won anything. A buddy, who is a Chevy guy that I brought with me said "That other 71 Mustang is going to win best in show". But alas nothing. Mike you should have won something!

I also got to meet Danny and his wife who have two Mustangs one of which is a 71. They did not have their 71 with them, but it the very they had was a beautiful car. Danny I know you troll the board so speak up dude!

I got some great picks with Mike, our cars together, and even snuck in a few pics of the cars with my new 2015.

After I left Hempstead, I drove to Brenham, TX (home of Bluebell) which holds an event called "Hot Night/Cool Tunes", which includes a band (last night was a Beatles tribute and an Eagles tribute" and a free cruise-in. No picks of that event but it was an awesome experience.

Here are some pictures of our cars. Mike and Danny I hope to see you at future shows.

Hempstead1 7-18-15.jpgHempstead2 7-18-15.jpgHempstead3 7-18-15.jpgHempstead4 7-18-15.jpgHempstead5 7-18-15.jpgHempstead6 7-18-15.jpgHempstead7 7-18-15.jpgHempstead8 7-18-15.jpgHempstead9 7-18-15.jpgHempstead10 7-18-15.jpgHempstead11 7-18-15.jpgHempstead12 7-18-15.jpgHempstead13 7-18-15.jpgHempstead14 7-18-15.jpgHempstead15 7-18-15.jpgHempstead17 7-18-15.jpgHempstead18 7-18-15.jpgHempstead19 7-18-15.jpg

Thanks Jeff for posting the photos!

It is always a pleasure to go to a show and see another 71-73 car at the show but even better to meet one of our 71-73 members. Jeff is right, the show was a bit slanted to say the least but I learned early on shows are not always ran very fair.

However, I still have tons of fun talking to people about their cars and mine. The only thing that could have been better is Jeff's car next to mine. The two cars together looked awesome and would have drawn more people. Jeff was stuck on a side street and even further off the trail in a grass field! Plus, as Jeff said it was a Ford and neither he or I were from Hempstead!

Thanks Jeff for posting the photos!

It is always a pleasure to go to a show and see another 71-73 car at the show but even better to meet one of our 71-73 members. Jeff is right, the show was a bit slanted to say the least but I learned early on shows are not always ran very fair.

However, I still have tons of fun talking to people about their cars and mine. The only thing that could have been better is Jeff's car next to mine. The two cars together looked awesome and would have drawn more people. Jeff was stuck on a side street and even further off the trail in a grass field! Plus, as Jeff said it was a Ford and neither he or I were from Hempstead!
What is the old saying... you can call me what you want, just don't forget to call me for dinner? -- Jeremy

lollerz

Both of those cars are awesome and way to close to me, I wish I would have know about the show I would have driven out there to meet a couple of members, not to mention it would have given me a reason to drive mine, I have to justify the gas to my wife. Lol

Both of those cars are awesome and way to close to me, I wish I would have know about the show I would have driven out there to meet a couple of members, not to mention it would have given me a reason to drive mine, I have to justify the gas to my wife. Lol
You should have. Where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn, my fault because I should have thought of you and let you know. We need to find another show and have our three cars together, we could put the two light pewter cars on either side of the bright red car. We could be a gang then! LOL!

I live in georgetown just north of austin. Sorry Mike I do not drive the 429 except around here. The 73 is another story and since I changed the gears gas mileage is much better. Lol

So let's get together and do some burn outs.

Last edited by a moderator:
well here are pictures of one the Niftee 50ees shows back in April or May of me with my 73 Mach 1 and Mike with his beautiful 71 429. I wish I took a pictures of the cars next to each others but the place was packed and no room to park next to each others.

IMG_2859.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

well here are pictures of one the Niftee 50ees shows back in April or May of me with my 73 Mach 1 and Mike with his beautiful 71 429. I wish I took a pictures of the cars next to each others but the place was packed and no room to park next to each others.
Cool. We had to wait until it cleared out. BTW moderators, have you given us our meet and greet tags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back