Stripes wheels Shelby Theme

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KT-69

Reaction score
My Car
All 65 to 73
Been trying to select a strip theme for my red convertible. After some searching decided to go with the 71 Shelby GT 350 Europa theme. Which borrows most of the stripes from the 70 Shelby. Not sure on the wheels perhaps some Shelby type as wheel give it a country club status. Engine will follow the 360 HP 351-C with 3.00:1 rear ratio and auto. Been looking for something different yet original and i think will do. Considering the Shelby side scoop as well and the convertible roll bar?

Red with white black interior and black stripes. Shelby wheels polished with inner wheel inserts painted satin black.

Shelby Europa GT 350 brown 3.jpg

shelby wheels.jpg

sheleur_shownorsk.jpg

KT-69,

I found this 7173mustang thread related to the Shelby Europa Mustangs. I do like the rear end that shows the Shelby style heritage.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-shelby-europa

mustang7173
The problem with that one is that it's fake!!!

The real ones did not have ducktail spoilers or typical Shelby tail lights (as I've seen on some other fakes).

I hate it how that guy presents it as being original because it is not.

There were only three built and two of them belong to the same guy, who is even a member here but not an active one.

KT-69,

I found this 7173mustang thread related to the Shelby Europa Mustangs. I do like the rear end that shows the Shelby style heritage.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-shelby-europa

mustang7173
The problem with that one is that it's fake!!!

The real ones did not have ducktail spoilers or typical Shelby tail lights (as I've seen on some other fakes).

I hate it how that guy presents it as being original because it is not.

There were only three built and two of them belong to the same guy, who is even a member here but not an active one.
Only 2 convertibles and 7 fastbacks were made in 71 only. I see more replicas pop up lately.

Yes, sorry. My bad. Two not three verts.

It's been a while since I looked into the subject.

I don't mind the replicas but I hate when they pass them off as being original.

I don't mind the replicas but I hate when they pass them off as being original.
100% agreed on this Mike!

"I don't mind the replicas but I hate when they pass them off as being original."

Totally agree - especially when the car is being offered for sale - hence the helpful conversations about cars offered for sale...

BTW this goes for tributes, clones, look-alikes, etc. Sadly most of them fall VERY short of being even a good representative of the REAL car.

My cars both have modifications. Most are extremely light and some of them I will be changing back to original.

But I'm sure my Boss will have things on it that are not 100% correct. But I will be quick to list them all if I were to offer either for sale.

Buyers beware - and do your homework including getting opinions and info on HERE.

Ray

Back