Met Carolina_Mountain_Mustang today

Today, the wife and I made a run over to Hendersonville, NC and met up with Carolina_Mountain_Mustang. We went to look at his 50 Ford Panel Truck, and got the grand tour. What a collection he has. His all original 73 Mach1 is truly a time capsule, as is the 50 Ford Custom right in front of it. Every car had a story and some had several, and David is a storyteller.

He was a very gracious host, and a good cook, too. When we arrived he was smoking ribs, and had fresh corn on the cob, baked beans, and fresh tomatoes for lunch. While we ate lunch, we exchaged stories about cars we'd owned.

We had a great time. Thanks, David.

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Today, the wife and I made a run over to Hendersonville, NC and met up with Carolina_Mountain_Mustang. We went to look at his 50 Ford Panel Truck, and got the grand tour. What a collection he has. His all original 73 Mach1 is truly a time capsule, as is the 50 Ford Custom right in front of it. Every car had a story and some had several, and David is a storyteller.

He was a very gracious host, and a good cook, too. When we arrived he was smoking ribs, and had fresh corn on the cob, baked beans, and fresh tomatoes for lunch. While we ate lunch, we exchaged stories about cars we'd owned.

We had a great time. Thanks, David.

Ron,

Thanks for all the kind words. Enjoyed the visit and will have to do again and maybe hit a mountain campground for a few days.

I don't think Ron took many pics except the 50 panel truck.

Here are a couple most have seen the Mach 1 and vert. Both are original cars Mach has 12,000 miles, been in barn since 1983, vert 48,000 stored for over 20 years and the 1950 Ford car has 16,000, in barn since 1954. As Ron can testify I have lots of stuff and am selling some of the parts hoard on eBay.

Ron will look good in a street rod using the panel truck.

Anyone else close to Western North Carolina? Maybe we can have a meet up and do a drive through the mountains.

David

100_2198.thumb.JPG.2c91965c3387cd8be736d47854ad6a3b.JPG

DSC_2012.thumb.JPG.5e9835af86e8a903ffdc26264fae8e34.JPG

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David