1972 Q 4 speed vert

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Was looking through the Atlanta cl and spotted this 72 Q 4 speed vert. He has the Marti. Priced high but says he will negotiate.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5125487609.html

There were 201, 4 speed and 330 automatics were made. I have one of the auto and would love to have this one but no more room at the inn.

David

00U0U_lAtYg1khuFX_600x450[1].jpg

Keep us updated, David! I'm sure that new shop has space for just one more....::thumb::
No shop yet grading guy here on Friday. This takes way too long. I worked in the tooling for cars and I could have tooled a car by now.

I think part of it is negotiating so much.

David

DSO of 90 indicates it was manufactured for export. I wonder where it has been?

Are you going to see this car David?
The owner called this morning and yes it is a DSO90 car but the Marti does not show it went to export. I think it was New Jersey but that may have been where it was shipped from to maybe Germany. My 72 Q Mach is also DSO 90 but it says on the tag for export only, see bad pic attached. It went to Germany but I don't have a Marti to prove it. The military would ship your car back home for $1.00 I was told.

If you looked at the pictures of the car you see another vert in the background it is a 73 Q 4 speed also one of 293 made. It is loaded with options, p.w., p.s., p.b., tilt etc.. It is also an Export car with a 92 DSO. It came from Columbia, S.C. where the big Army base is so it was probably off shore somewhere.

After talking about the 72 it is a project not a driver. The engine will not run has bad cam and probably some stuck valves since bent push rods are present. There are holes in floor and bubbled rust in quarters. He has not verified the numbers on the engine or trans so don't know if it numbers matching or not. He paid too much for the car and is wanting more than double what I would pay for one in this shape. I may go look at the car it is in North Georgia. I have family over in that area so visit them and go look at cars.

David

Check into that 72 more, if it want to Germany it had to be a T5 not a Mustang

It was a T-5 a Sargent in military brought it back with him. I had his name once. It is a rare car but not worth anything. Cost more to fix that it would be worth. It has sat since crashed in the 70's.

I have some of the T-5 interior emblems for 71 - 73 goes in the center of the dash where it says Mustang but says T-5. They would be for non gage cars. It was a decent car with 351 C, Mach 1 Q, 4 speed, gages, tach, long console with clock, fold down rear seat, front and rear spoiler, NASA hood, rear window defogger, deluxe interior, P.D.B., P.S. & a factory installed trailer hitch or at least I think so. It does say Ford on the hitch. I just pulled the instrument cluster out of barn to get the tach the other day and it had 33,046 miles on it. To fix it would need an entire front clip including the floor. If I recall correct I paid $820.00 for it off the insurance yard at auction.

A friend of mine crashed it while racing a Camaro hit a steel light pole that ended up nearly up to the dash. Went right down the side of the engine just missing it.

There were several T-5's in this area. A friend of mine, Larry Maxwell, brought a 65 2+2 by the house in about 73 for me to look at and it looked odd and turned out to be a T-5 it still had the owners manual in the glove box with the stamp on the front that said "In recognition of Trademark Rights T-5". He passed away but his son still has it. He paid $700 for it. I have T-5 NOS hub caps and NOS T-5 fender emblems found at swap meet in Tenn and they didn't know what they were for. With all the military bases in N.C. and S.C. they showed up here pretty often but they never brought any more money even though rare.

David

this car was recently bought in pa. i swear the guy name was joe. i met him at a car show. i didint believe the car was original because of the non tach 4 speed. i recongnize that radio. there was rust and stuff in the trunk. decent looking car. but he sold it for like 6000 i believe. i had pictures of the car emailed to me 2 years ago!

It does not really make it any more value. There are no collectors of T-5 cars. On a Mach 1 with gages all they had to do was leave the Mustang off on the stripe. If had been worth anything I would have done something with it many years ago. Just a good parts car really.

Back in the early 70's I found Gary Hanson's name in a magazine article and wrote him about my friends 65 fastback T-5 and the 72 Mach 1. I don't know if he ever had a 72 Mach in his registry. Nothing really special just funny that Ford would not pay the $10,000 so they could call it a mustang there. The early T-5 emblems are just Comet 202 emblems off the quarter panel with a different sticker applied. The casting number is for the Comet. I still haven't found the NOS T-5 emblems in the garage buried too deep. When I find them I will start a new thread on just the T-5 topic. There are other members that have a coupe in the U.S. and of course some in Germany.

David

It does not really make it any more value. There are no collectors of T-5 cars. On a Mach 1 with gages all they had to do was leave the Mustang off on the stripe. If had been worth anything I would have done something with it many years ago. Just a good parts car really.

Back in the early 70's I found Gary Hanson's name in a magazine article and wrote him about my friends 65 fastback T-5 and the 72 Mach 1. I don't know if he ever had a 72 Mach in his registry. Nothing really special just funny that Ford would not pay the $10,000 so they could call it a mustang there. The early T-5 emblems are just Comet 202 emblems off the quarter panel with a different sticker applied. The casting number is for the Comet. I still haven't found the NOS T-5 emblems in the garage buried too deep. When I find them I will start a new thread on just the T-5 topic. There are other members that have a coupe in the U.S. and of course some in Germany.

David
The speedo would be in KM and read 0 to 200

Back