new mufflers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG42

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Q code mustang
Hello all soI bought my 71 mach 1 with a 351 4v in it. It has hooker headers and dynamax super turbo but they were rusted and had holes. I don't want to sound like an idiot but in all honesty it sounded good and when you got into it it sounded great. The car came with a new set of dynamax super turbos so I installed them today. The car really sounds like a dog and doesn't seem to run as well and has lost all of the crackling it had when you let off the gas quick? Any thoughts?

That sucks! My car is actually at the shop right now getting those same mufflers and I have the hooker headers. Please let me know what you find. The loss of power is what I'm wondering about.

It might just be perception, louder tends to equate to faster. On the other hand there may be a problem with the tail pipes, kinked or otherwise restricted.

The crackle came from the holes and loose metal in the muffler.

No problem with the tail pipes and the crackle I was referring to was not loose metal in the mufflers.

I like my magnaflows, they sound pretty good to me. I like that you can make them loud when you stomp on it or make them quiet by letting off when cruising through residential neighborhoods or when you see the popo lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back