• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need the interior part of a 73 passenger racing mirror

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there,

Maybe a dumb question, but have you checked to see if you have the essential phillips screw that holds the mech to the body in place? If you have it, then how much can you tighten it up? That screw needs to be tightened up very strong to prevent any unnecessary mech movement.The ball and socket could be worn as well.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, you can't buy the mirror mechanism new complete on it's own. You have to buy the whole mirror mech and body as well in the one package.

Greg.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK read the thread,,, I had the inner assembly out,,, I am missing the 2 plastic bushings that go on the 2 pins that are on either side of the ball socket,,, the socket is also so loose that it just flops around,,, are those plastic bushings available?? I have looked and cant find them.

I doubt it, I suspect they are not a reproduced or common part. I don't think they are necessary, they limit movement, they don't provide tension. mine was very loose and got much worse when I added a convex mirror.

I just took it apart and removed the original mirror yesterday morning. I took a spring loaded center punch and used it around the three posts to punch the retaining rings downward. It tightened up nicely. Simple job

mirror mirror.jpg

mirror.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt it, I suspect they are not a reproduced or common part. I don't think they are necessary, they limit movement, they don't provide tension. mine was very loose and got much worse when I added a convex mirror.

I just took it apart and removed the original mirror yesterday morning. I took a spring loaded center punch and used it around the three posts to punch the retaining rings downward. It tightened up nicely. Simple job
I just did the same thing and am going to order the convex mirror and put it on instead of mine which was cracked already and came apart while removing it

Thanks a bunch for the images and advice

I have a spare. Looks exactly like the above pictures. I'll do $20 including shipping.
Judge, That sounds great to me, PM sent,,, Knowing me I may end up messing mine up beyond repair

Back