Home Town Car Night

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
We had gone to town to eat and on the way back home remembered it was Friday. In Hendersonville where I live they close off several blocks of the Main Street and they have a band stand and a large area to put your lawn chairs. The old cars are lined up each side of the street and a row in the center. I ice cream and lots of food by all the restaurants that now fill the Main street. The last car on the end of the center row was a beautiful 1968 428 CJ Fastback that is a concourse show car and not driven. Right in front of him was a fiberglass body 32 Ford roadster street rod. For some reason the guy in the 32 gets in and starts the engine and the wheels start to spin and he goes backwards into the 68. I was standing just a few feet away and saw it happen and went over. Of course the guy that hit the Mustang was so embarrassed but the owner of the Mustang was about to cry. It totally destroyed the front of the mustang killing the bumper, grill, headlight buckets, gravel shield and bowing the fenders. The hood was up so it was saved. He will probably have to take the car completely down and do the paint over to make it as good as it was probably a $20,000 fix. I hope both had good insurance. BTW there was not a single 71 - 73 there. Probably 20 57 Cheys they seem to be everywhere here. One really nice 70 Boss that was yellow and documented. I did not have camera since it was spur of the moment thing. They do this every Friday from Memorial day to Aug. 14, lots of fun for all if you are ever in the area of Hendersonville, N.C..

David

Ya, crazy things happen at car shows, even if you are on gaurd you cannot stop everything. Few years ago, a guy i met at a local party, owned a real restored half track, he took me out on the road with it and across some hills..it was awesome..the guy had a amphibious lander callled a duck, and some jeeps and few 6x6 duce hallers, guy had a awesome set up,, Cool desert nights about 3 years ago, he backed his duck up on a 427 vett..The cost of the damage made him sell that fine half track i drove in, his insurance would not cover the damage. Be well insured at them shows..lol

That really does suck. We have a really big show and shine event every Friday night here in San Antonio as well. Up to 200 cars coming and going. I've seen a few idiot that feel they have to rev their motors and jump on it when parking or pulling out. No wrecks so far but I'm sure it will happen.

Back