1971 Mustang Sportsroof

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pheonix75

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Sportsroof Mustang 351c 2v
Hello all! Just picked up this beauty 2 days ago. I have been looking and found what looks to be a fun project. Its a 1971 Sportsroof with a 351c 2v and FMX transmission. The stock 8-track player still works. It has a eyeball burning Vermillion Interior (its growing on me). The only thing that does not work is the a/c (but it is all there and still connected), debating about removing it all and freeing up some engine space.

It was owned by an older gentleman who recently passed away. His father had purchased it originally and according to his son the miles(64,000) are original. It came from the factory pastel blue with the Vermillion. It was repainted a while back, not too good of a paint job and it has numerous small dings on the passenger side (no passenger mirror = bumps and scrapes).

I have restored a few cars in the past, the most recent being a 70 torino with the same engine. I'm feeling like this would be a fun project to make a little monster out of!

20150804_194942.jpg

20150804_194951.jpg

20150804_173221.jpg

20150804_173303.jpg

And the 8-Track collection that came with it! Keepin it Classy...

20150804_184724.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, welcome from France.

A + that you still have the original 8 tracks player, I'm thinking to install one in my car (I'll check on Ebay).

Very nice car you have, I love those rims, classic ;)

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Nice to see a Sportsroof that someone hasn't tried to turn it into a fake Mach 1. (my opinion)

Becoming a rare one if you decide to keep it as stock as possible.

That interior is really cool.

Ray

Welcome from Pittsburgh.

Please don't change a thing! The hubcaps, paint, interior... works just fine for me, thanks! And keep all of the AC stuff right where it is (for soooo many reasons). I agree, too many gussied up cars out there.

Mine is a Sportsroof as well.

Back