Got my exhaust on and aligned(good and bad)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mustang convertible(some day)
I had my exhaust installed and an alignment done. It turned out really well and I took it for a road test after I took so pics of the underside which turned out great. After the road test we put it back on the rack and I noticed that my header was curbed and I though I did it as I went slowly over a bump. Later last night I check my pics that I took before my road test and there was the damage(you can see it on the passenger headed). Of course two places had it and I'm sure that no one knows anything about it! Time for a little header paint

exhaust.jpg

headers.jpg

Looks Fantastic!

A friend with a 72 vert had cut 1 coil to lower the car and the long tubes

scraped all the time and he put it back to original ride height.

Those headers look like a better fit than the Hookers the PO put on

my car they miss the PS box by 1/4 inch in a few places way too tight there.

Paul

sdstang

Looking Good! By the way, how is the manufacture of your exhaust tips?

mustang7173
The tips are SLP m31039. You can find cheaper ones on ebay but I put off buying them until the last minute and couldn't get the cheaper one in time.

Looking very good Jim,

Glad it worked out well for you in the end.

Greg.:)
Greg,

That's for all your input.

jim

Looks Fantastic!

A friend with a 72 vert had cut 1 coil to lower the car and the long tubes

scraped all the time and he put it back to original ride height.

Those headers look like a better fit than the Hookers the PO put on

my car they miss the PS box by 1/4 inch in a few places way too tight there.

Paul
Paul

These are the Hooker headers. I would not recommend them. My car had an old set of beat up hookers on it before and for some reason I thought they were the super comps because of how low they were. When I got these and finally put them on I realized they were the same headers.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Jim. Those headers are the Hooker Comp by the looks of them, The Super Comp hang even lower. Would like a video of the exhaust running and hear what it sounds like::thumb::

Looks pretty damn good Jim, can't wait to see it all painted in a couple of months! How does she sound? Are you glad you went ahead and went with the H-pipe now instead of later?

Looks pretty damn good Jim, can't wait to see it all painted in a couple of months! How does she sound? Are you glad you went ahead and went with the H-pipe now instead of later?
Sound a lot better with the cross over and very good. It had a rappy sound without it.

Glad to hear the exhaust is on. Which muffler did you finally go with?
Don,

I took your advice and went with the Dynomax Super Turbo. The guy at the exhaust shop talked me into not doing the crossover untill later after I settle most of the car stuff. When I heard it for the first time it was very obnoxious and rappy. I then had him go back and put it on and it really changed the sound. Deep and throaty. I think it's going to be perfect when I get everything back on the car. I will post a clip next weekend.

Thanks again.

Jim

sdstang,

Good to see your exhaust system is up and running. It is amazing what a cross over will do for the system.

mustang7173 :goodpost:

Glad to hear the exhaust is on. Which muffler did you finally go with?
Don,

I took your advice and went with the Dynomax Super Turbo. The guy at the exhaust shop talked me into not doing the crossover untill later after I settle most of the car stuff. When I heard it for the first time it was very obnoxious and rappy. I then had him go back and put it on and it really changed the sound. Deep and throaty. I think it's going to be perfect when I get everything back on the car. I will post a clip next weekend.

Thanks again.

Jim

Back