Howdy!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unicorn_poacher

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi! Just a quick intro, 1971 Mach 1 408 4V Cleveland. My mustang had become a bit rundown, so just got done making it a little more presentable. Still have to fix a few paint chips from putting everything back together and chase down a couple of electrical gremlins due to bad media blasting, but happy to have it back on the road after three years!

I was amazed how easy it was to find reproduction parts online, 12 years ago when I got the car I had to drive all over the the bay area just to find a grill and it wasn't even the correct one. Fast forward ten years had one shipped to my door in two days and it fit perfectly.

front.jpg

back.jpg

inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy from Phoenix! Great looking ride. I really did the old style license plate too.

I noticed you have two tachs?

And you are right about parts availability. It is getting much better. No more 'penny saver' and classified ads in the local paper. ;)

Welcome from SoCal! Yeah, I love the internet and accessibility we now have to parts that I had to spend days scouring pick-a-parts for!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yeah Will e you are right, I have two tachs. The stock one was never quite accurate and after my new ignition it quit working all together, think I have to install an adapter. I also have aftermarket temp, oil and alternator gauge under the main console. A blown head gasket after driving through Phoenix made me a bit skeptical of the stock gauges.

The old school license plate is a funny thing. I kept my car registered at my parents address, while I lived out of state to keep the original black plates. After pulling it when painting the car it turned out it's actually a blue plate a previous owner spray painted black.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Yeah Will e you are right, I have two tachs. The stock one was never quite accurate and after my new ignition it quit working all together, think I have to install an adapter. I also have aftermarket temp, oil and alternator gauge under the main console. A blown head gasket after driving through Phoenix made me a bit skeptical of the stock gauges.

The old school license plate is a funny thing. I kept my car registered at my parents address, while I lived out of state to keep the original black plates. After pulling it when painting the car it turned out it's actually a blue plate a previous owner spray painted black.
Check out our members site:

http://www.rccinnovations.com/index.php?show=menu-mustang-all

He can probably get ya what you need to get the factory tach working again (if it is something you are looking to do)

Back