1972 Mach 1 on craigslist

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow - looks fairly solid. I seem to think I remember seeing this car earlier - i.e., a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I remember the rims and that color combination for some reason. I might be mistaken.

Anyway - looks pretty solid. I think with regards to everything that's been done in the go-fast goodies category, that price isn't THAT far off. A cheaper price is always a better deal, though. ;)

Wow - looks fairly solid. I seem to think I remember seeing this car earlier - i.e., a few years ago. I'm pretty sure I remember the rims and that color combination for some reason. I might be mistaken.

Anyway - looks pretty solid. I think with regards to everything that's been done in the go-fast goodies category, that price isn't THAT far off. A cheaper price is always a better deal, though. ;)
I agree, tastefully done and still priced fair. I remember seeing this on ebay I believe, maybe a year ago. Just dont remember if the car was in Illinois at that time or not.

This car would have had a lot more value if it was left original and had power brakes.

I hope he saved the original parts.

Ron

This car was for sale a while back. I went and looked at it. His "Fast and Loud" comment is not completely accurate. Loud yes. Fast, so so. It seemed to have a pretty bad flat spot from about 3,000 to a little over 4,000 rpms and the car had tons of rattles. Looks good in the photo but for what it really is in person it is over priced. Also he did not keep any of the original parts.

I know some have chosen the chrome bumpers for their Mach 1's and I understand if they prefer that look. But it seems like it is just a cheaper alternative. I wish more would restore their urethane bumpers!

Just my 2 cents. aka Whine! :)

Ray

I know some have chosen the chrome bumpers for their Mach 1's and I understand if they prefer that look. But it seems like it is just a cheaper alternative. I wish more would restore their urethane bumpers!

Just my 2 cents. aka Whine! :)

Ray
:spam:

:whistling:

I know, right? If they were good enough for Boss 351s... ;) (just messin' with ya, Ray :poke: )

Seriously, I still have my urethane bumper, it's totally restorable, and when the weather gets better as the list of chores dies down, I'll look into restoring mine. My original plan was to get it repainted with the car, but the body shop guys obviously didn't want to mess with it since they spayed it with non-flex primer and watched it crack - then gave me the 'we don't know what's wrong' song and dance. I simply didn't want to mess with it or their apparent ineptness for such things, so I took it home and ordered a chrome bumper.

I ain't gonna lie - I do actually kinda like the look of the chrome bumper a little better, so I'm not in any hurry to swap it back out, but the urethane bumper will get done someday.

Back