Mustang Memories

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang convertible, 351-4v
4 speed, bright red, original owner
MCA National show winner
image(176).jpegAnyone going to the Mustang Memory Show at the Ford Product Development Center in Dearborn MI on Sunday August 16th?

We went last year and it was a GREAT show with over 1,200 Fords. We are bringing our 73 convertible, last year we took our 68 428 cj which took best Ford... Hope the weather is nice..

That is going to be a GREAT show. Please post pics if you are going! Not just 71-3's.All pics are welcome!

I always enjoy seeing other Ford and Lincoln-Mercury cars and trucks too!

Ray

I'll take a bunch. Here are some from the Utica car show. A local one near my house. The yellow Mach 1 is a 72 R code! This is the first one I've seen in person. This car is loaded with options. Power windows, tilt wheel, deluxe interior, fold down rear seat. 77,000 miles with most of the original paint! What a great and rare car. It was missing a couple of pieces from the air cleaner & he put on steel valve covers. He said the aluminum ones leaked bad. The guy who owns it bought it from the original owner in 1973, & has had it ever since.

View attachment 29318View attachment 29319View attachment 29320View attachment 29321View attachment 29322032.JPG018.JPG030.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone going to the Mustang Memory Show at the Ford Product Development Center in Dearborn MI on Sunday August 16th?

We went last year and it was a GREAT show with over 1,200 Fords. We are bringing our 73 convertible, last year we took our 68 428 cj which took best Ford... Hope the weather is nice..
Gosh I just bought a 73 vert in Dearborn yesterday and need to go get it. Where would you be staying might try to jump through hoops and go to the show? The car I bought is a factory black car so special order and been sitting for 13 years so it will be on dolly.

Any links to show or hotels would be appreciated. Won't promise to be there but was going to go by the old plant to try and get a picture of the 73 vert there. Hey you never know might end up selling it there, lol.

David

I went a couple of years ago and it a great show. Lots of Fords. I can't make it this year because I have to take my kid up to Grand Valley State University. I get to pay for tuition for 2 kids in college this year.

John J

Anyone going to the Mustang Memory Show at the Ford Product Development Center in Dearborn MI on Sunday August 16th?

Gosh I just bought a 73 vert in Dearborn yesterday and need to go get it. Where would you be staying might try to jump through hoops and go to the show? The car I bought is a factory black car so special order and been sitting for 13 years so it will be on dolly.

Any links to show or hotels would be appreciated. Won't promise to be there but was going to go by the old plant to try and get a picture of the 73 vert there. Hey you never know might end up selling it there, lol.

David
Hi David, here is a link to the show. http://www.mocsem.com/events/event_calendar_v2.php?eventid=830

You know the Woodward Dream Cruise is going on this weekend too? Probably gonna be pretty tough to get a hotel around here. I'm going to the show, so if you do go, let me know and we could meet there.

John

David
Hi David, here is a link to the show. http://www.mocsem.com/events/event_calendar_v2.php?eventid=830

You know the Woodward Dream Cruise is going on this weekend too? Probably gonna be pretty tough to get a hotel around here. I'm going to the show, so if you do go, let me know and we could meet there.

John
Ok for sure I am going. Will leave this afternoon and going to pick up the car on Saturday around 9:00 am and I have reservations at the Royal Dearborn where Larry and his wife are staying. I will stay until Monday and maybe Tuesday been want to go to Henry Ford Museum for ever and never had time.

David

David

John
Ok for sure I am going. Will leave this afternoon and going to pick up the car on Saturday around 9:00 am and I have reservations at the Royal Dearborn where Larry and his wife are staying. I will stay until Monday and maybe Tuesday been want to go to Henry Ford Museum for ever and never had time.

David
Cool! I will see you at the show. I've been in contact with Larry, & we are planning on meeting up there. See ya then,

John

I sure wish I could have went. My trans starting slipping at the Dream Cruise. I was going to try to find you guys at Mustang Alley, but I just wanted to get car back home. I discovered that my trans was 3 quarts low! I still can't believe it got down that far. I checked it earlier this summer, but apparently I didn't let it get hot enough when I checked it? I had no idea it was so low. It never slipped or gave me any trouble. I feel like an idiot.

It seems to be ok & is shifting a bit crisper. The C-6 is a tough tranny if it can go thru that. It was 90 degrees that day of the Dream Cruise & I went from one end to the other. I learned a good lesson. Hopefully my trans is ok & it won't be an expensive lesson. :-/

I sure wish I could have went. My trans starting slipping at the Dream Cruise. I was going to try to find you guys at Mustang Alley, but I just wanted to get car back home. I discovered that my trans was 3 quarts low! I still can't believe it got down that far. I checked it earlier this summer, but apparently I didn't let it get hot enough when I checked it? I had no idea it was so low. It never slipped or gave me any trouble. I feel like an idiot.

It seems to be ok & is shifting a bit crisper. The C-6 is a tough tranny if it can go thru that. It was 90 degrees that day of the Dream Cruise & I went from one end to the other. I learned a good lesson. Hopefully my trans is ok & it won't be an expensive lesson. :-/
Hi John,

Glad you made it home ok, sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

We met David and his girl friend and had a nice visit with them.

We will return next year!! So many cars too see. :runninpony:

Back