Stripe questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanborn7

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Today I was all set to apply the vinyl stripe kit. I started with the passenger fender. When began to pull the cover paper off I saw that the decal is shiny - not a flat or satin finish like the paint on the hood and rockers. Are all the stripe kits this way? I really don't like the look of it. Also - the stripes the go from the back of the rear wheels to the end of the car are not the same as along the rest of the side. The center (large) block section is smaller.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Don -

Any chance I can exchange my gloss for flat? The web doesn't denote any difference in ordering black. Might help someone else out in the future. Thanks!

Talked to Don on the phone. He won't exchange my side stickers because I am now short the piece I installed.

- The site only offers "black or argent". It does not denote that there are two black options.

- I had no way of knowing my black stripes were glossy without installing at least one piece.

- I assumed the stripes were flat because that is the original style. According to Don it is more common for people to use the glossy stripes with the base/clear paint. (50 to 1 more common)

I'm curious how many of you guys have glossy hood/rocker blackout areas?

I appreciate that I was able to get ahold of Don and speak to him but I'm not sure I should be paying for this mistake. Hope it helps someone else get theirs ordered right in the future. I'm off to order some mat black stripes.

Back