1971 Mustang parts on ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fastbackjon

Reaction score
My Car
Recently acquired a 1971 Boss 351 that is rough as rough gets.
Will need plenty of help on this one !
Hello to all. I have 5 listings on ebay of parts that I no longer need.

1971 Mustang Alternator harness, taillight harness, headlight harness, fuel filler tube, courtesy lamps. Harnesses checked out and repaired as needed by Randy at Mid Life Harness Restoration. Search under ebay seller Fastbackjon. All listings have a buy it now or best offer. Dont be surprised if I take whatever price you offer. Thanks Jon

I obviously don't charge enough...
Well, I am hoping to get out of them what you charged me. Not much market for old harnesses I guess. That is why I stated to make an offer, as there has been no absolutely no interest in them. Dont know why- evidently everyone has a harness they trust.

I obviously don't charge enough...
Well, I am hoping to get out of them what you charged me. Not much market for old harnesses I guess. That is why I stated to make an offer, as there has been no absolutely no interest in them. Dont know why- evidently everyone has a harness they trust.
FYI--- the 5 items I have left on ebay have a lower buy it now price and are also tagged with a best offer. If you feel a need for them, don't be afraid to make an offer, as I want them to go to a better home.... or garage.... or shop.... or shed soon. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If this wiring stuff is the same for a 1973 Mach 1 w/tach, I'd be interested...
Hi, lack of memory allows me a way to cop out on the answer, but I dont think 71 and 73 exchange equally. The taillight harness may be equal, but the alternator and the headlight harness are different I believe. (Maybe another forum member can help out more in depth.) If any of the harnesses will work, just make an offer on the ebay listing. I already paid for the auction listing, so I will keep them on ebay until time runs out, but feel free to offer what you can afford, I will probably accept it. Thanks Jon

If this wiring stuff is the same for a 1973 Mach 1 w/tach, I'd be interested...
Sent you some pics to your email from my phone. Let me know if they came through. I never know if I am using my phone properly when it comes to emailing.

Sorry to interfere, but the 71 wiring for the headlight will not work in a 73. Why? 71/72's have parking lamps down below, but the 73's all use sportslamps for the parking lamps. The carb solenoid wiring will also be different.

As for the tail-lights, 73's have unique plugs that only fit 73 underdash harnesses. With some creative cutting and splicing, you can get the 71 to work in a 73.

Sorry to interfere, but the 71 wiring for the headlight will not work in a 73. Why? 71/72's have parking lamps down below, but the 73's all use sportslamps for the parking lamps. The carb solenoid wiring will also be different.

As for the tail-lights, 73's have unique plugs that only fit 73 underdash harnesses. With some creative cutting and splicing, you can get the 71 to work in a 73.
I was hoping you would chime in Randy and I appreciate it. I couldnt remember the differences in the taillight, but still had a notion on the headlight and alternator being different. Thanks for the clarification.

I was hoping you would chime in Randy and I appreciate it. I couldnt remember the differences in the taillight, but still had a notion on the headlight and alternator being different. Thanks for the clarification.
(UPDATE- Now only 4 items left, headlight harness sold for $100)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the harness. Thanks for the good deal, Jon. My 73 has a 71 front end. Parking lights, sport lamps and all. I'm going to see if I can make this harness work. Not sure what the carb solenoid stuff is. Lol! If that's the alternator harness, I see they make new, aftermarket ones.

I bought the harness. Thanks for the good deal, Jon. My 73 has a 71 front end. Parking lights, sport lamps and all. I'm going to see if I can make this harness work. Not sure what the carb solenoid stuff is. Lol! If that's the alternator harness, I see they make new, aftermarket ones.
Don, harness went out priority mail this afternoon. Should see it on Monday I would think. Thanks again. Jon

Purchased the taillight harness! Need it for my 1972 Mach1. See you shipped it already. Thanks to midlife's clarification on the taillight harness differences I can be confident that your harness will plug right in with no modification needed.

Purchased the taillight harness! Need it for my 1972 Mach1. See you shipped it already. Thanks to midlife's clarification on the taillight harness differences I can be confident that your harness will plug right in with no modification needed.
Randy at Midlife sure knows his stuff. I will always use him for checking out wiring, if I ever get another project. Anyway, Let me know when your harness arrives. (FYI to all, I am down to just the courtesy lights and alternator harness left on the list. They are priced cheap at $10 each plus shipping if you need either of those 2 parts left.) Thanks Jon

Randy at Midlife sure knows his stuff. I will always use him for checking out wiring, if I ever get another project. Anyway, Let me know when your harness arrives. (FYI to all, I am down to just the courtesy lights and alternator harness left on the list. They are priced cheap at $10 each plus shipping if you need either of those 2 parts left.) Thanks Jon
UPDATE- Someone just bought the alternator harness, so down to the courtesy lights now. 3 lights for 10 bucks plus shipping. Thanks Jon

So all my work sold? Good news.
Yes, $100 for the headlight, $45 for the taillight and $10 for the alternator harness. I never intentionally try to make more then what I have in the parts, keeps harmony among the hobbyist and businesses. Most of the time I lose my ass. But if it helps out others doing restorations, that suits me fine. Jon

Back