73 Mach 1, how much its worth?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salhi_amer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Found this on CL not far from me. The only thing that concerns me is that the seller states that the rear passenger shock did this in the car. Is this in Panel or Frame? Is this fixable? what causes it? he said it made a bad noise with the shock but when he took out the shock and it doesn't do any sound.

What is it worth? it looks it has a lot of nice options.

Thanks

Looks at the last 2 pics for that shock hole.

IMG_6272.JPG

IMG_6273.JPG

IMG_6274.JPG

IMG_6275.JPG

IMG_6276.JPG

IMG_6277.JPG

IMG_6278.JPG

IMG_6280.JPG

IMG_6282.JPG

IMG_6284.JPG

IMG_6285.JPG

IMG_6281.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_6279.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Found this on CL not far from me. The only thing that concerns me is that the seller states that the rear passenger shock did this in the car. Is this in Panel or Frame? Is this fixable? what causes it? he said it made a bad noise with the shock but when he took out the shock and it doesn't do any sound.

What is it worth? it looks it has a lot of nice options.

Thanks

Looks at the last 2 pics for that shock hole.

It appears to be a busted shock mount which can be welded up by someone who knows what they are doing. Also not sure if replacement sheet metal for that area is available aftermarket, probably just used. Not sure what caused it- heavy bump or bottoming out, but there must have been stress cracks in that area and weakened the metal. I wont try to judge the cars value unless I see it.

Fixable.

Looks like a very nice car. I love that color.

If 100% rust free, runs/drives great, cold AC, and no issues except the shock support repair, I'd say $12-15k. Hard to price a car without a visual inspection.

Easy repair, get a 1/8" thick washer the appropriate size and weld it in place. Probably stressed from air shocks in it's past...

Guy is a fool to offer such a nice looking car with that defect. Get it fixed before selling FFS!

12-15k. The shock would be a easy fix. I think it was from running air shocks as well.
Yea, I agree, air shocks at one time. And get both mounting areas repaired at the same time. If one side did this, sure enough so will the other side eventually.

Back