Name that Hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible (Mach I Tribute)
Everyday with "Christine" is a new adventure.

Just realized today that the hose from the air filter to the cannister is crushed and split.

Is this a special hose that can be picked up at a local auto supply or needs to be purchased from a Mustang online shop.

So, name that hose?

Thanks

IMAG0164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You have enough to trim that and put it back on

You can probably run it over the brace and just fix it

It is a vent - no pressure on it

There is no correct replacement

NPD has a silver version that you can cut and paint black

Don

You have enough to trim that and put it back on

You can probably run it over the brace and just fix it

It is a vent - no pressure on it

There is no correct replacement

NPD has a silver version that you can cut and paint black

Don
Thanks for the info.

Did the 2 cuts and all is well.

Thanks again.

I've seen the black ones at Carlisle all ford. I believe the Boss parts guy sells them. Usually run 20.00. I'll try to find the phone number. The name of the vendor was Semo Mustang. I've seen their parts on eBay.

Like Don suggests trim and run over the brace. I do not know how the MCA judges look at it but my original one owner Mach 1 has the hose going over the brace and never been changed, see pic. I can't see the guys on the assembly line going to the trouble to run it under unless the brace was put on after the hose. This is how mine has always been.

David

100_2214.JPG

Like Don suggests trim and run over the brace. I do not know how the MCA judges look at it but my original one owner Mach 1 has the hose going over the brace and never been changed, see pic. I can't see the guys on the assembly line going to the trouble to run it under unless the brace was put on after the hose. This is how mine has always been.

David
See Post #4..I did the trim it's fine.

Thanks

Back