New to the community

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul4425

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
351C CJ
4V, 4-Speed
Hello all,

I recently purchased my first full resto project, a numbers matching 72 Mach 1, 351C, 4V, 4-speed. I am new to the Mustang community so I thought it would be a good idea to have some friends in the business and some advice on the project!

A little about me and the car...I am in the Air Force and have been for the last 9 years, currently stationed in Missouri. I came to have this soon to be beauty because the wife and I decided we wanted a new toy. I gave her a choice of about 10 different models in various years and this was her favorite. I liked them all but was also partial to Mach 1's because my grandfather had an original 69 back in the day and he talked about it a lot.

I bought the car about a month ago and have made decent progress so far. Engine has been removed, to the shop for boring and some new parts, and already back. Car is stripped to nothing and am currently doing the body work. Posted a few pics below, more to come.

I look forward to the project ahead and your future help and camaraderie.

Paul

IMG_0062.JPG

First look

IMG_0066.JPG

20150820_133307.jpg

20150820_133319.jpg

20150823_162715.jpg

Welcome from SoCal! Looks like a fun project! Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Paul. Looks like a nice project. I like the color combination. Are you going to retain the same colors? Are you at Whiteman AFB? My brother was stationed there for 15 years.

Welcome Paul. Looks like a nice project. I like the color combination. Are you going to retain the same colors? Are you at Whiteman AFB? My brother was stationed there for 15 years.
Steve,

I am at Whiteman, going on 5 years now. I will be going with original everything (almost) including color and interior. The almost is referring to a few upgrades to the motor as well as converting to disk brakes and adding a/c. The rest will be completely original.

-Paul

Back