• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling 73 convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper

Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande
New to the site from this dumb car. Bought it with c6 and 351 transplant. Original 4 speed. I know because the pedal is still hanging there. Pulled motor and trans and found donor car 73 grande. Turned out Grande needed far less work and is now a bracket car. We'll by Labor Day it will. Anyway this car has been hit hard in front. Someone stole some of the gauges messing up the dash. Pad is gone. Interior is gone other than rear side panels and it has rust in floor. It rolls. Rear end is there trunk and deck lid are decent. Top is in great shape as well as all stainless. Rear window is glass. I can email pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

$1500.00 no engine no driveline fmx transmission

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it used to be a nice car. Why do you call it dumb?
I knew that would come up . . . It pulled me in to the Mustang World and opened my wallet at a painful rate of speed. Just a figure of speech portraying my love and hate of this project. We used the coupe, pictured. I had a new third member put together from Randy's Ring and Pinion. All new brakes and suspension front and rear. Completely rebuilt the Cleveland and just got it back from Machine shop bored 40 over with one sleeved cylinder roller setup 3000 stall converter and c6 etc. Needs minor rust repair in floors. We are going to take it to the track next week!

20150803_203850.jpg

engine.jpg

A word of caution on the engine. When a car takes a hit like this the weight of the crankshaft, torque converter, pulleys and such is like a hammer and can crack the main bearing webs due to impact. Have seen race engines that it actually cracked the web with thrust bearing.

David
Completely redone and far more expensive than we wanted. previous rebuild was subpar and water in one cylinder made for a machine shop bill I am still puckering over. Crank and caps, webbing all checked out but timing cover was actually bent by back of water pump and a 1.5 inch gash in header tube. Battery acid was all over everything and had to get new power steering pump, pulleys etc etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back