1973 Mach 1 Original/low Miles EBay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that's an older restoration. Some things on the engine not right for a 28k mile car. Wrong air cleaner. Coil was moved. Gas feed going to left side, probably an aftermarket carburetor. Power steering cooler hose. Distributor vacuum not even used?

Just some observations.

What's the hole to the right of the speedometer?

Pretty car.

PADave, your observations are good. I wonder if they did a few mods when they put in hardened seats?

Are 73 Q codes considered 'cobra jets'?

I've been watching this car come and go off of Ebay several times. His "Buy it Now" started at $43,000 if I recall correctly. I think he's now seeing more of what the market is willing to pay.

Thanks Dave for pointing those things out. I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" with this picture.

I've been watching this car come and go off of Ebay several times. His "Buy it Now" started at $43,000 if I recall correctly. I think he's now seeing more of what the market is willing to pay.

Thanks Dave for pointing those things out. I was trying to figure out what was "wrong" with this picture.
Yeah, if you look at his other listings he appears to be a dealer instead of a owner seller like he tries to imply in his description.

I had sent him email with questions on the car and he never even answered because he knew it was not correct. I questioned under the hood, air cleaner lid, the emissions sticker on the cowl instead of the L.H. valve cover. Also asked to see pics of the trunk but no reply.

The question about not being a CJ for 73. You are correct the window sticker nor the air cleaner says CJ. It was just a Q code that everyone links to a CJ. It did have the 4 bolt mains but was less HP than the 72. I put a couple pictures one of the air cleaner on my 73 I ordered new and a copy of the invoice showing nothing about a CJ.

What was the question about a hole to right of speedo? Didn't see it unless it was the little glove box under the light at top center of dash. That came when you did not get air.

I could not believe they ordered NASA hood but no black out.

You have to watch these cars when people say documented when they don't have anything but someone saying it is so beware.

I think the car has been restored at some point or just had some things added. Would have to view in person to tell.

It is a beautiful car.

David

100_2215.JPG

IMG_0001.pdf

IMG_0002.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_0001.pdf
    733.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0002.pdf
    589.4 KB · Views: 2
Back