Mary Death gets new paint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spike Morelli

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 ram air 351c H-code, fmx, ps,pb, medium yellow-gold, hubcaps and beauty rings.
Well, after two months in the paint shop, my '71 Mach 1 now has new paint on her. Affectionately called "Mary Death", after the actresses' ( Christian Pitre ) character who drove it in the movie, "Bounty Killer", the car is back to how it was. The Boss style side stripes were added for the movie, I'm gonna leave them off....at least for a while. Everybody adds the stripes and Magnum 500 wheels to their 71 to 73 Mustangs, so I'm bucking the fad, ( even though I really like the stripes and rims ), this is how it was when I found it. The paint is five coats of "Medium Yellow-Gold" single-stage ( no clear-coat ) polyurethane, the original color. The hood and rocker panels are matte black, not gloss. I like it! What do you guys think?

IMG_3195.JPG

IMG_3197.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

IMG_3196.JPG

mary death 5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
SWEET!!

What was the graffic on the roof?

Paul
In the movie, Mary Death had her logo on the car's roof..... It's made of vinyl and I removed it post filming and attached it to waxed paper sheets and rolled it up for safe keeping. I still have the applique' stored in a cabinet out in the garage. Also, I had Mary Death sign the glove box door ( a la Carrol Shelby ) , it's still on the car.Here's the design graphic...

206215e4ffc50b802ed4848d7d796f10_400x400.jpg

whzkf5.jpg

This is the actress Christian Pitre, who played the ever-so-badass Mary Death...like The Beatles said....baby you can drive my car! Second photo is of Christian and myself taken for fun off set.

christian_pitre_06.jpg

Mary Death.png

I watched that not too long ago after sitting on my copy of the dvd for about a year. It was a very fun movie. Both the car and the actress did a great job. Difficult to say to did better.

Great job by the way. It's refreshing to see someone defy convention, especially in the town we live in.

Perfect, love it!

Peeled the stripes off mine a few weeks ago.

Very nice. Body looks really straight. I also like it without that side stripes. Great job.

car looks great. I have to find the movie. I have never seen it before.

While surfing around looking at shots of the car in regards to Bounty Killer, I found this movie poster...kinda cool.

tumblr_inline_n03w58XZeV1s248b8.jpg

There was a Vanishing Point (Original) moment in the movie. In Bounty Killer, when the Mach 1 is "blown up", I remember seeing a 1970 nose instead of the beautiful 1971 Mach 1. In Vanishing Point, again original not the remake with Viggo Mortenlordoftheringsguy, instead of a Challenger being destroyed, we see it was actually a Camaro in flames and pieces. I highly recommend Bounty Killer movie to those who can appreciate movies made in a simple way, like back in the day (Original Gone in 60, Two Lane Blacktop, Seven Ups). In fact, I am going to look for a thread on favorite car movies now.

I"ve always liked old comedies, and there's one that combines a major comedic star of his time, with a whole lot of cars and carnage. it's an old W.C. Fields movie entitled "If I Had A Million". In the film's beginning, W.C. gets run off the road by a road hog. W.C.'s character just by chance, becomes the inheritor of a million dollars after someone dies and leaves it to him. This is where the carnage starts. W.C. goes out and buys a fleet of cars ( remember, this is the thirties), and hires drivers, to search out road hogs and force them off the roads. Hundreds of thousands of dollars in todays money was mangled in wrecking all those fabulous old vehicles.

With all the "road rage' today, entitled BMW owners attitudes, and generally crappy drivers out there today, wouldn't a new movie like this really work? Someone ought to produce another "If I Had A Million" today.

That would be awesome. They should center the story in LA so they can show the rest of the world the frustration of driving through downtown on any one of the freeways that runs through, the 405 at any time of the day, in fact, any major street or freeway at any time of the day which are full of dumb people that need to cut you off as they talk on their phone and so they can get in front of you and still be in bumper to bumper traffic. LA traffic is the best. Why make a movie? Let initiate a kickstarter campaign to actually do it!!!

Back