1972 Mustang conv - salvage Grand Rapids

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Boss 351
1971 Mustang Sportsroof
1972 Q Code 4-speed conv.
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/5192819849.html

OUCH

28tgak5.jpg

Ray

They have dropped the price to $2,000. The aluminum strips that separate the lower black are like hens teeth you can find one here and there but looks like maybe whole set it usable. If anyone buys it I am in for them. I wonder if the A-pillar trim is good?

That would suck for sure. I always stop way back from car in front of me to give me a way out have out ran a couple rear enders saw them coming in the rear view mirror. Once in Myrtle beach had the 20 th. ann mustang sitting first at the light and was watching the rear another car behind me and I saw the lights coming and not slowing up behind them. I revved the engine dropped the clutch and spun the car around to the right in front of car next to me and the crash happened at the same time. Wife thought the car had hit us and knocked us around but didn't get touched but hurt the people in both cars. Have done that a couple times this is after I got hit a couple times.

David

$2,000 is getting a little more reasonable. Too bad I don't have access to a frame machine. It would be ineresting to see if it could be pulled back in specs. I would rather have something that was bent than something that was rusted out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love the wheels.

Funny how after going all crazy with 18 inches I keep lusting for classic dog dishes with trim rings.

What's wrong with me?!? :)

This is what pisses me off. Someone not paying attention or driving a wreck with bad brakes, and they ruin a classic car that can never be replaced. From the looks of it, this was not just an unfortunate bump, this car was hit hard! I can shrug and say, "At least it wasn't me." But it could of been! As David already elaborated on, watch the rearview mirror! I cannot tell you how many times I have seen jacka$$e$ texting or looking at their phones while driving between stoplights (not to mention those doing 70 mph+ down the interstate).

The aluminum strips that separate the lower black are like hens teeth you can find one here and there but looks like maybe whole set it usable.

David
Reproductions are available if you didn't know. Mustangs Unlimited has the 10 pc set $389. I have the repros and they are just like the originals.

Last edited by a moderator:
The aluminum strips that separate the lower black are like hens teeth you can find one here and there but looks like maybe whole set it usable.

David
Reproductions are available if you didn't know. Mustangs Unlimited has the 10 pc set $389. I have the repros and they are just like the originals.
Thanks for the info. Mine need to be polished and anodized again which gets expensive even if you do the polish.

I have sent emails to them twice but no response if it has a ginger interior I am for sure interested. I have a 72 Q code I need new ginger interior for and top also.

David

Ok,

I talked to the owner and his brother had borrowed the car and crashed it. It was his dad's car and he had passed away so he is sad about the crash. He is going to send me some pictures of the interior and more info on the car. It was a 3 speed not a Q code open rear and not a highly optioned car. Depending on the pictures and what I can work on price I might head back to Michigan again, lol.

David

Ok I did close the deal on the crashed car. The 72 Q code vert I bought in Dec. has the exact same interior, deluxe ginger and also the top color, black, is right for my car. So I bought it for just swapping out the interior and top. The exhaust is also a brand new stainless and he just freshened up the engine this year, 351 H code 3 speed manual. He sent some more pictures and the car does not look to be rusty. Believe it or not he drove it to his house and says I can dolly back with no problem. He did not want to see it cut up in salvage yard so got a great deal on it.

The drivers seat has some issues, have a good one, but the remainder of the interior looks pretty good for an original. It was also a gage car, long console, rim blow and has great dash and no speaker holes in rear side panels.

Thanks Ray for posting the cl ad never would have been looking in Grand Rapids. He is holding for me since I had death in the family and will probably go up next week to bring home. Will go visit some friends in West Bend WI while that close & maybe another member. Spent lots of time doing tooling it Grand Rapids most of the shops closed due to most of the tooling going off shore.

I will take close look at the body / frame and maybe let local frame shop guy give his opinion on possible pulling the frame. I will keep that a separate post. Could not get the pics off my phone no 10 year old to show me either.

David

Back