new guy from Lincoln, Nebraska

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auto doug

Reaction score
My Car
1972 USA Sprint Fastback
IMG_3029.jpg

Hello I just joined this site since I'm a bit of a Mustang nut! and have been since 1977. At 12 yrs old my brothers & I bought a 66 Mustang coupe for 25 bucks and drug it home with the Farm-All tractor. By time I was a senior in High School 1981 I had had a handful of Mustangs, and now 52 yrs old I have owned and restored over hundred or so classic Mustangs! But I'll never forget my Friday High school driver I bought it for $4,100.00 bucks and it was still like new! Yes it was the coveted 71 Mach 1 429 CJ auto fully loaded light Pewter, Ram Air car! Imagine today seeing a 17 yr old kid driving one of those burning the tires leaving a school parking lot for a few blocks! and then cruising all night long up and down the strip, racing Buick GS's Hemi Challenger's, & 454 chevell's etc! It was true madness with .76 cent gasoline! Poor kids these days all they have is an I-phone! img075.jpg

Now a days you can find me at my restoration shop Auto Kraft Body & Paint Inc. training the next generation gear heads to be just as rowdy and talented. Few years back I developed the Roller Hoop rotisserie to help aid in doing restoration work be sure to check it out sometime if your doing serious resto work. Currently we have about 10 restorations in the works and one is a very rusty 72 USA Sprint edition fastback that we are in the process of a full rotisserie restoration on I post pictures now & then.

Regards,

Doug Kielian

Auto Kraft body & paint inc.

Lincoln, Nebraska

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Colorado. From the plates on the car looks like you lived here as a teenage
Yep in Greeley where "D" block was the Hottest cruse strip in the midwest maybe the country except Wooodward, 4 one way lanes up one block over to 4 one way lanes back into down town! Imagine the line ups of Muscle cars back then at a red light! and then a Catalina 4 dr or galaxie full of chicks! It was the best of times to be a gear head! I found my Mack 1 a few yrs back at Bandimere speedway drag racing still the same car just a little more faded same as I. lol.

No i sold the car for 5600.00 to a guy that hounded me all the time for it back in like 1985. google "REVERSION Mustang" to see my latest creation.

DSC00897.jpg

Hey Doug,

Greetings from AZ.

Great looking set up you have there. I was stations in Omaha twice during my military career. Been to Lincoln (most for parties and football) a bunch and graduated from University of Nebraska at Omaha.

Some where out there in Ne. is my first restored Mustang - purchased by a guy who collection them and didn't have a 1970 Coupe - he does now.

I'm working on my second Mustang restore - 1973 SportsRoof.

I've only been on this forum for a short time, but I find the folks here pretty darn helpful!!!

Tim

Tucson, AZ

Back