Found a mustang I could possibly buy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Super-Mustang

Reaction score
My Car
1978 Ford F-250
I found this mustang for sale and I was wondering whatyour thoughts were on it and what price is a good one for it.

It is a 72 fastback that came originally with a 302.

The guy wants $2000 for it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My thoughts are that car is scrap.

Get the interior quarter plastic panels, might need those someday :)

My opinion

Perhaps if the owner gave you $1000 to take it off of his property...

No. Best offer would be to come take it off his hands for free. Reasonable offer is he pays you money to haul it away. Sad but true.

If it was a 'boss' or something rare I MIGHT have a different opinion.

Sorry

Have some fun, check out the front frame rails under the upper suspension arms. The entire shock tower and cradle looks rotted out on the bottoms. Knock the crust off the top of the rails and see how much is left I will bet the tops are totally gone. Then look at the cowl hat I bet it's gone as well. Car is looks like scrap metal. Unless this is a boss 351 or some rare q code it's worth nothing.

Dearly beloved we are gathered to pray that you will NOT pay that amount for this; but if you are a project kind of guy...it looks like a jewel..but it will cost you to put it all together. I've seen a car in Monthly Mag in similar condition and they bought it and continued to strip the car and started from scratch and after they were finished..it was a beautiful car; but you gotta want to start from scratch thou. ~Don't pay 2 grand for it..NO!!~ in it's present condition..it's worth..under $500.00...if they won't go that low..then walk..

Run away! A project candidate doesn't need to be pretty, but you need to spend enough on the front end to have something worth working on. The better your starting point, the faster, cheaper and better most people's projects will turn out.

Now if you are a talented metal worker with a deep budget and lots of time . . . . run away from this one!

It is so much easier to find a running car that is rust free and save so much time. Having to find all the little things missing will run you crazy. Looks like he has been parting it out and is down to hull and looking for a sucker. There was a pretty good convertible that was taken apart but everything was there sold for $1,000 on ebay last week. I have turned down several this year that were running driving for much less than you will ever find the parts for that car. Too many good ones out there to stress over one like this one. Look for one with at least numbers matching engine, transmission that adds value when selling and the more options the better.

David

Way too much for that, take parts that look in good condition and ask if you can just buy those, if you cant, dont even try and bargain with the guy. It's just scrap now

Back