Passing of a Mustang Guy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
Yesterday my dad passed away at the age of 70 after battling numerous health issues. I cannot express to you enough how much I already miss him.

He was hard working, love his family, believed in fairness, loved God, had a quirky sense of humor, and loved to talk all things old, including cars. We were fortunate that his mustang was rebuilt and he was able to come with me to a car show that we won.

He had a wonderful sense of humor until the end. Everyday he had the nurses laughing. He tried paying some to sneak food, take MRIs for him, etc.

8caab6c38004d4b23040aa1702c0bfec.jpg
8150be0c972e7c7c70ccda282106c995.jpg
53eb49b175036ddd586204a364e7921d.jpg
2bf1f0df401d0b8cbe7b79da9e728c75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Felt like I knew him though you, sorry for your loss.

Don

Sorry to hear of your loss. This December will make two years since my Dad passed away and it still hurts and leaves a very empty feeling when I think about him not being here. My Dad bled Ford blue and I credit him for getting all of us hooked on Mustangs after he bought the family's first, a 66 289 coupe after he returned from Viet Nam. Spent a lot of good quality time together on car projects that I will always treasure.

Looks like you had a great Mentor in your life also, and I'm sure you'll treasure those "Together" times as they bring you comfort in the following days.

Sorry about your dad. I lost my dad a little over 5 years ago to cancer. He was just 57. We had always talked about buying and restoring a mustang together. I finally had the funds this year to move forward. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry for your loss Jeremy. I am so glad your Dad got to see his car brought back to its glory and attend car shows with you. He for sure died way too young but I am sure he was proud of you for loving his Mustang. That car will always be a reminder of him and I have no doubt will stay in your family forever.

I am still lucky to have my Dad who is now 91 years old. He and I are going to enter my car in a car show on October 10th in Gainsville, TX which is near his home. I don't mind hauling my Mustang 300 miles to see him having such a good time with all the people and the cars at the show, he loves doing that we me.

We should all never forget that our days are numbered, each day is important and should be lived like there is no tomorrow. Just make them all count!

Time does not heal all, but it will lessen the pain.

Good thoughts to you and yours.

Jeremy my condolences to you and your family. The time we share with our parents is precious and should never be forgotten. Glad you had some fun together at the car shows. Keep the memories of being with him in your heart forever.

Sorry about your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Thank you for sharing with us. I have to tell you, this picture made me smile.

2bf1f0df401d0b8cbe7b79da9e728c75.jpg

There is your dad, sitting in the cold, with the mustang behind him. Is he thinking about all of the time spent on the Mustang or is he just thinking about keeping his hands warm!

I can see myself in the same chair in the not too distant future.

God bless you both.

Back