$50 Peace of Mind

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Coupe 351c
Installed this GPS Tracker/Alarm. :D

http://www.amazon.com/Tracker-Control-Version-Software-Tracking/dp/B00OH4ZHFI/ref=pd_sim_422_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1A9VDCKDH80ZCMPSN14Y&dpSrc=sims&dpST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_

(I bought the "A" version without a key fob or siren only a shock sensor)

Requires a SIM card from a carrier like T MOBIL @ $3/MO for 30 texts/MO

Did a very simple install only connecting the power and ground wires.

I call the unit with my cell and it text me its location.

I send a text to the unit to be in stockade mode and if the car leaves

the stockade zone it will text me.

Good deal IMO

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Good investment! I have an alarm and a CarLink GPS on mine and have to say that the peace of mind is worth the price of admission. I hid any traces of it so an unsuspecting thief doesn't know he's being tracked. Definitely recommend one to anyone with a prized classic. Now you know your baby is safe (for the most part, anyway).

I wouldn't have known about this type of car protection without the above two posts so thanks for sharing guys.

While I think the members here are great folks, I'm not advertising how I protect my cars on an open internet site and I suggest you all don't either.

Just a paranoid lawyer thing I guess LOL
Well you do have a point there lol. At the same time I feel like being able to inform our community is worth the small odds.

The would be car napper's know all the ins and outs of all the alarms and trackers. Probably high tech enough to check if they have them with another phone ap. and move on to an easier target.

Speaking of lawyer. One of my gal friends clients found a tracker plugged into her test plug on her car. Her separated husband had plugged it into the car so he could keep track of where she was going. They took it to court, invasion of privacy, and the judge said it was ok since the car was in his name and he was making the payments.

On many new cars they track everywhere you go BMW is one. It is not your choice they do it I am sure OnStar is same and Fords system.

Lots of cars are stolen at hotels and motels during festivals and car meets or drag racing and such. Two people I know lost cars. One was in WalMart came out and his 62 chevy pickup was never found not a piece. Another lost a 66 Chevelle drag car. Had been to Bristol and came out in the morning at motel and it was gone. They did find with blown engine and trashed out.

Most use enclosed trucks or trailers and never take it out until in a warehouse some place and just strip it and sell on eBay or swap meets. Every wonder why someone would be selling their perfect interior pieces on eBay? Oh the perfect original black deluxe panels I just sold were not hot I don't think. The guy had a two car garage full of great 71-73 parts at great prices.

Any protection is better than none. I have wireless motion detectors all around the outside of property. There the bad guy knows but also let him know I shoot first and ask what are you doing next. River is close by and cement blocks are cheap.

David

The would be car napper's know all the ins and outs of all the alarms and trackers. Probably high tech enough to check if they have them with another phone ap. and move on to an easier target.

Speaking of lawyer. One of my gal friends clients found a tracker plugged into her test plug on her car. Her separated husband had plugged it into the car so he could keep track of where she was going. They took it to court, invasion of privacy, and the judge said it was ok since the car was in his name and he was making the payments.

On many new cars they track everywhere you go BMW is one. It is not your choice they do it I am sure OnStar is same and Fords system.

Lots of cars are stolen at hotels and motels during festivals and car meets or drag racing and such. Two people I know lost cars. One was in WalMart came out and his 62 chevy pickup was never found not a piece. Another lost a 66 Chevelle drag car. Had been to Bristol and came out in the morning at motel and it was gone. They did find with blown engine and trashed out.

Most use enclosed trucks or trailers and never take it out until in a warehouse some place and just strip it and sell on eBay or swap meets. Every wonder why someone would be selling their perfect interior pieces on eBay? Oh the perfect original black deluxe panels I just sold were not hot I don't think. The guy had a two car garage full of great 71-73 parts at great prices.

Any protection is better than none. I have wireless motion detectors all around the outside of property. There the bad guy knows but also let him know I shoot first and ask what are you doing next. River is close by and cement blocks are cheap.

David
I believe in Ravelco.

http://www.ravelco.com/product.html

The only defense from a tow truck

(gone in 10 seconds with todays trucks where the driver never exits the vehicle!)

is GPS location.

The club plus hidden ignition cut-off switch will keep the car safe

from someone driving it away.

I was mainly worried about the tow trucks. I was using a hidden smart

phone hard wired to the electrical (Charging). You need an app called GPS keeper

Lite to keep the phones GPS operating all the time. Then an app called

Lookout installed on the phone will enable you to to go to the Lookout

website and locate your phone via the phones GPS.

If someone wants to steal my car I doubt they are going to check this

site first and no I don't live in Martinez.

Paul

The only defense from a tow truck

(gone in 10 seconds with todays trucks where the driver never exits the vehicle!)

is GPS location.

The club plus hidden ignition cut-off switch will keep the car safe

from someone driving it away.

I was mainly worried about the tow trucks. I was using a hidden smart

phone hard wired to the electrical (Charging). You need an app called GPS keeper

Lite to keep the phones GPS operating all the time. Then an app called

Lookout installed on the phone will enable you to to go to the Lookout

website and locate your phone via the phones GPS.

If someone wants to steal my car I doubt they are going to check this

site first and no I don't live in Martinez.

Paul
Seriously, if someone wants to steal a car, nothing is going to stop them.

I don't understand products like ravelco on our rigs. Who cares if the electronics are disabled and you can't listen to the radio while stealing the car. You slap-jack the keyhole to turn and jumper wire from battery to coil and you got yourself a car.

I too have a GPS unit, along with LoJack and a hydraulic lock inline with my back brakes.

Along with the BullDog alarm system, they is going to have to work fer it.

Back