Need rollers to move my heap this weekend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tizzdizz

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang, 250 I6, 3sp on the floor, needs total resto
Hi Fellas,

I need to move my 73 coupe from my folk's place to my new place in Sacramento this weekend, and 2 of the tires are flat. Has been sitting for ~13 years, so I'm worried about dry rot and will be towing ~130 miles.

Not finding much on the local craigslist, wondering what cars are good sources for take-offs that will fit. I just need something that will roll at this point.

My car came with 14s and 4 wheel drums, need to know what backspacing will work if I go with some 15s.

Go to pick 'n pull and get a pair from a full size 80s Ford car with 5 lugs. Any 5 lug Ford car will match the bolt pattern, but with newer ones you can run into backspacing issues.

You can rent a car trailer from Uhaul for around $20 for local use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a tow dolly to use already, but I'll need something to be able to move the car around once I get it home, anyway, so I may as well get a set of 4.

I'm sure I'll find something soon, the main thing I was unsure of was the backspacing. Thanks for the tip!

Bru - Moving the car from Morgan Hill (south of San Jose) to Sacramento.

I may just bite the bullet and go there, pull the rims off, take them to a shop and get some used tires for now. Not sure I'll find anything else in time.

I was going to offer my old rollers if you weren't going far. They aren't good enuff for what you need.

'

I would take you up on that, where are you located? Not sure if the timing will work out but it's worth looking into. I really appreciate your offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm actually just hitting the road from Sacramento heading towards Morgan Hill. My goal is to clean up all the rats nest, mold, whatever else that I don't want to take with me and bring it back home on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
My car is in a shop on Auburn Blvd. in North Sac near American River Collage.

Well, we are under way. Picked up some used tires for now. Tonight and tomorrow will be spent removing nests and moldy carpet. Brakes aren't frozen, which is promising. Next few weeks will be spent testing down to assess the rust issues. Need to get the head checked out and resurfaced. Not sure what else the engine might need, got some digging to do.

Still leaning towards keeping the straight 6 and 3 speed. Not too worried about going fast at this point.

042859817da1d077d93bbcc63af63e61.jpg

Back