Grill support bracket?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone know where to buy a front grill support bracket for a 71-72 Mach 1 grill please?

This is what I've got at the moment. The bracket isn't connected to the grille. I guess it fits the standard grill.

Thanks for any help you can give.

IMG_8189%20-%20Copy_zpsh0fc2pgj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your upright and extender are the same on my standard grill 73. Can you post pictures of the end of the latch.? I may have all or part of the parts needed.

hoodlatchsupport1.jpgIf I'm not mistaken, I think the part you are needing is part# D1ZZ8182-B. I think Don at Ohio Mustang used to have these. They do not reproduce these. Hope this helps.

That is a late 71-72 grille bracket for the center mounted grille

Your grille is an early 71 dual mount style

There is a raised loop on your grille - I assume this is a repair as it was not factory.

You either need a complete dual mount bracket set up or a new grille.

Ford grilles made in late 71-72 and the repro grilles have all 6 mounting points. They work with either mounting set up.

You could make an adapter plate to connect them.

Don

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/images/hoodlatchsupportdual2.jpg

http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/hoodlatchsupport1.jpg

EDIT after looking at your pic again - it looks like your two center mounts on the grille are broken off

Thanks for the part no. and information. Yes, the grill is partly broken, so I've bought a new 71 Mach 1 grill with the 6 mount points. Guess I'll have to make 2 brackets that fixes to that existing support, as that part seems to be very rare.

I have a 72 vert parts car that has the brackets you need I think. It has two vertical brackets instead of the one. Someone had put a Mach 1 grill in the car and the grill itself is busted and missing some pieces. I checked and I had some pictures before I took the grill out. I will have to get pics of just the brackets. I can blast them and prime before shipping if you like the looks of them. I can even paint the correct colors if you want. Not sure without looking if they are SLOP grey or semi gloss black. Can order you the new spring nuts and hardware and send in same box also if you need them.

I think when I do the export documents I can say they are a gift to save some cost. Would send regular post is the cheapest I have found.

Might be a day or so before I get the pics.

I have just bought another 72 vert parts car but will not go get it for a couple weeks. Not sure about the grill brackets since it was crashed.

David

DSC_1205.JPG

DSC_1231.JPG

DSC_1235.JPG

DSC_1236.JPG

00v0v_fYKp2kApnjf_600x450[1].jpg

Thanks for the part no. and information. Yes, the grill is partly broken, so I've bought a new 71 Mach 1 grill with the 6 mount points. Guess I'll have to make 2 brackets that fixes to that existing support, as that part seems to be very rare.
Mark, when you install the new grille it should bolt up to the bracket system you have

Back