Life is too short

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Hello all you brothers and sisters in the Mustang world. Today was a day I will always remember. My daughter had her oldest get married in Mid July. When I saw her I told her we were going to a different DR. when we got home. I had seen her several times and she was always tired. When I invited her over to share in a BBQ with one of our members from Tenn. she was too tired.

The new Dr. sent her straight to hospital she had severe liver damage. In part due to alcohol. She never drank excessive it was not a required thing every day. They told her she would need a liver transplant and to get on the list you had to be alcohol free for 6 months. They drained fluid off her tummy that was keeping her from eating and sent her home to start recovery for the transplant. She went to Dr. every couple days and we thought all was ok. I went to Dearborn to get 73 vert and when I got back she called and said she was back in hospital. I was first there. She held on to me and said "I don't want to die". There was fluid build up again and they drained 6 liters of fluid off. A week later another 5 liters. Many tests and scans were done, samples taken and checked. The Dr. called a meeting and told us that she had stage 4 kidney failure and that she was dying and nothing could be done. I asked about dialysis and they said it would not work without a good liver. They said she should prepare for her life to end. She has three great daughters one just got a Masters in Crop science and doing research in soy beans for Bayer. Another headed to be a pharmacists. The other depended on mom but was through high school and wanted to work helping others. So the decision was mad two weeks ago on Monday to put her in Hospice care. She had someone there 24 7 from the family. Even her X husband was there every day. We filled her day with love and caring. All the little kids would pick flowers and bring to her. My son took her out on Labor day for some time in the sun and they had long talk. She was always a shoulder to lean on for him. The next day she could hardly talk. When I left yesterday I kissed her and told her I lover her and she could only make a sound. Today I got up and went out and I am her step dad that raised her. He blood dad had spent the night and I woke him. We went out of the room and talked and family had came and the nurse came in to attend. She left to get help to turn her. I heard her breathing change and went into the room. I held her hand and talked to her and could tell it was the end. I got her blood dad and he was on one side of the bed and me on the other. I held her hand kissed her and told her it was ok and she took her last breath. Her girls came to tell her goodbye but we all know she is in a better place with no pain and no sorrow. It is just so difficult to loose a daughter that I was so close to. I gave her whippings when she was bad, took her to dance lessons and soccer practice. I taught her how to snow ski and how to drive a straight drive 20 th. anniversary mustang. I held her in my arms when she was married. And now held her in her last breath. It was way too short a life for a great mom at 46 and she had so many friends.

I just ask that you always tell your family you love them when you part ways and never live life like you can do it another day. Always do what you want when you want and never put anything off.

I was building a 73 vert for her and a 72 for my son. I will keep working on it but it will have a tag on it with Angie on it to always remember her. She wanted my Mach 1 because I use to scare her to death driving it but she loved it. She would always just shake her head when I would tell her my next adventure or project. I have never put anything off I have always lived life to it's fullest. I have always treated others as I would like to be treated. I do not want to meet my maker and have to answer to wrongs to anyone.

Angelia Renie Noble is in a better place tonight looking down on us waiting for us to join her.

I will try to keep my mind busy working on the Mustangs and here on the Forum. Life is so short...

David

So sorry for your loss David. It doesn't follow the natural order of things for one of your children to pass before you.

I wish there were words that could make things better. Thank you for sharing and reminding us to tell our loved ones and friends how much they mean to us. We need to make the most out of each and every day as we never know what the future holds

So sorry to hear of your Daughters passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. David I hope you can find some comfort in knowing she's no longer in pain and is now in God's presence. Thanks for the wise words,"love your family like there's no tomorrow, because there might not be".

No words can express how sorry I feel for you.

You and yours are in my prayers.

David, I feel sorry for your loss.

You wrote a great post that shows the love and care for your daughter. Hang in there!

Back