From bad news come good news

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Ford Mustang Mach 1 351 CJ all matching numbers, under restoration.
73 Ford Mustang Sprint from Mexico.
Hello everyone,

I am not new here, but I have a new car to introduce.

And I'm sorry to stole this Mach 1, was still in US last july, but was the destiny, it was in the book, I was waiting a white Mach 1 and it came :)

The bad news is that I lost my job, in gas and oil field I never saw this, lot of colleagues lost their job,and I was in that train.

Anyway, I didn't left with empty pockets. So ------>

Last saturday, I was checking on the net in France about Mach 1 and I found one. Unfortunatly the garage was open from monday to friday.

Anyway, I called him early monday morning to puta serious option on this car, and I told him I drive next wednesday to him. I left yesterday morning 8h30 am, arrived there around 16h00 pm, back home next morning, this morning 1h30 am.

I was like a children, again, looking for his toy, and When i saw it, I already knew was mine.

I have now a lot to do, the car comes from Mississpi, not the best cause humidity, but a lot of corrossion is at surface. The only part I need to change is the part in the back, between the bumper and the trunk. The car looks stock. The engine starts, no smoke of oil. Looks like was a vivyl on the roof. The tires are still E70/14 looks original.

What I would like is the tachometer, I have again the idiot light, and also there are not the 3 guages in the center console.

But the car is not at home yet, 450 miles from home.

The owner was Mr Darrel Smith from Olive Branch MS.

If you see him, tell him I will take care of this Mach1 :)

Do you like pics? Oh yes...

So here is my new project:

SAM_6542.JPG

SAM_6521.JPG

SAM_6520.JPG

SAM_6528.JPG

SAM_6549.JPG

SAM_6551.JPG

SAM_6548.JPG

SAM_6514.JPG

SAM_6516.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia! Nice find Qcode with a C6 and 3.25 rear.

Glad you got the car but not so good to loose your job. It is so odd that all of a sudden oil is everywhere and too much. Russia is really hurting because of price drops.

Be sure and take lots of pictures before you take the car apart for cleaning and detailing. It looks to be pretty much original. All the brackets under the hood look to have the correct colors and finishes just need to be properly refinished.

I have a couple of the tachs and center gages. Let me check and see so much packed in garage difficult to find. Will have to look at your sticker and see if you have the deluxe interior or standard. The gage bezels are different. You will also have to get the wiring to support the gage dash and center gages which is unique to the 73 I have been told by Midlife.

I am sure Don would help you with the tail light panel that is rusty. This happens due to the bad gasket design used sealing on the inside instead of the outside. They all leak and rust.

Good luck on your build,

David

Merci to all of you.

I drive up to Paris to pick up the car with my brother and his Mercedes Viano and a rental trailer in a couple of weeks.

I can't imagine now I don't know 7173Mustangs and all the kind people here with all what I have to do to give to this Mach 1 a new life.

And just to tell you that I almost never drive a car with automatic transmission (never with V8 engine), hope this won't disturb me.

Ciao

What is this document please?

SAM_6574.JPG

Le document que vous avez posté est le titre de véhicule de l'État du Mississippi; il est une preuve de propriété.

De l'apparence du titre, il a été fait prêt pour l'exportation de vous; vous allez prendre ce titre à votre bureau de gouvernement en France et demandez-leur de créer un titre français pour le Mustang - la preuve que vous êtes maintenant le propriétaire légitime de la voiture. Espérer que des aides.

Meilleurs voeux. Tim

Nice catch - congratulations ::thumb::

Have fun and try to keep it as original as possible - here are many experts around to help with but you know that already...

Oh, and btw: if you would decide to never put the original vinyl roof back - I will and I am searching as hell for the 3 piece trim/molding. So if you will get rid of it please call me!

But first: have fun ::thumb::

Ok thank you, we have the same in France named "carte grise".

First to get this paper to my name I have to pass the car to the technic controle, then I will get this paper.

Thank you, merci beaucoup.

Tim, your french is getting better and better :)

Have fun and try to keep it as original as possible - here are many experts around to help with but you know that already...

Oh, and btw: if you would decide to never put the original vinyl roof back - I will and I am searching as hell for the 3 piece trim/molding. So if you will get rid of it please call me!

Tim,

I don't think I will put back the vinyl, so we keep in touch about what you need.

Looks like you are not to far from french border?

Tim,

I don't think I will put back the vinyl, so we keep in touch about what you need.

Wow, that would be very very awesome - you would perhaps see someone very lucky ::thumb:: I am not too shy to make a visit over borders - luxstang know what I mean :D

Yes, France is not so far away - perhaps 2 hours. I am a big France-fan since childhood - this year my wife and I were in holidays with our motorhome for a few weeks in you country. And my parents are living half the year in Bourgogne. But my French is still bad... :-/

Ok thank you, we have the same in France named "carte grise".

First to get this paper to my name I have to pass the car to the technic controle, then I will get this paper.

Thank you, merci beaucoup.

Tim, your french is getting better and better :)

Tim,

Back